Job Announcement: Senior Manager, Media Relations (Healthcare)
GolinHarris, part of The Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG), is ranked as one of the top 10 public relations agencies in the world, with 38 offices and 700 professionals in major media, business, and government capitals around the world.
What really makes GolinHarris special is our people-centered and client-driven culture. We are proud of the friendly, collaborative environment that exists in our offices. Around the world, our people are committed to their clients and are passionate about their work.
We have consistently been recognized as one of the Best Agencies to Work For including:
• 2012 Agency to Watch, Ad Age
• 2011 Best Large Agency to Work For, Holmes Report
• 2011 Best Companies to Work For, Los Angeles Business Journal
• 2011 Best Companies to Work For, Dallas Business Journal
• 2011 Top 100 Places to Work For, Sunday Times
• 2010 Top Work Places, Chicago Tribune
• 2010 Large PR Agency of the Year, PRWeek
The Washington, DC, location of GolinHarris is currently seeking an Senior Manager (AS/AGS)-Media Relations for the Healthcare team.
• Successfully pitch story angles to national and local mainstream health care media, industry trade media, and blogs over the phone, in-person, and via email and social media
• Write compelling pitch emails that get media (i.e., print, broadcast, online) to talk or write about the topic/client
• Own relationships with key health care media
• Immerse self in clients’ industries, brands and past media coverage story pitches and present to teams, clients, prospects
• Coach junior-level staff members and expose them to your media contact list
• Development of media strategies for client and new business plans
• Support client/spokesperson media training
• At least 5-6 years of heavy media relations experience
• Experience working with Healthcare Corporate Communications clients
• Must have relationships with healthcare reporters
• Experience securing coverage in both traditional media (newspapers, magazines, tv) and online media (blogger) a must.
• Previous PR Agency experience desired
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, trackign and reporting tools such as Cision, Tweetdeck and Radian 6 a plus
• Expert in AP style
• BA/BS in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
Apply online: https://searchlight.cluen.com/E5/(S(hyl45d3guofbvojeja1giz45))/JobDetails.aspx?URLKey=u7nikygb&searchID=684afa88-1a66-41eb-96f2-ca59a8d8ccf3
733 10th Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, D.C. 20001
t +1 202-585-2629
m +1 571-294-9646
Meet the Agency for the Future at www.golinharris.com