Requisition Number: 9148
Job Title: District Sales Manager, Seed and Agronomy (IL Market)
Position Location: Southwest IL (Home Based)
Territory (if applicable): Southwest IL
Position Purpose: This position will be responsible for the training and coaching of Ag retail sales people within accounts to sell Seed and CPP products to the producer, with special emphasis placed on establishment of proprietary brands and building an equitable position through the Ag retailer to the grower. Additional responsibility will be placed on successful implementation of a large grower strategy with assigned accounts. Local contact points to include retail sales persons and branch managers
Required (Basic) Experience & Education:
- Bachelors degree in Agriculture or Business related field.
- Minimum 3 years successful sales experience or marketing with direct customer contact
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Marketing experience enabling the recognition of seed sales growth opportunities driven by the interaction of seed genetics with the environment within which they are planted and the other crop inputs used on that field (crop protection and fertilizer)
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to interact well with customers, suppliers, employees and management of all levels.
- Proven ability to solve and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to create and present interesting, informative and educational product presentations.
Required Competencies & Other Skills: Competencies: Acts with Integrity; Communication; Customer Focus; Delivers Results; Decision Making/Judgment; Planning & Organizing, Teamwork.
Other skills: Able to lift 50 lb. bags, able to climb on and off of farm machinery, able to walk and work in field plots, good written and verbal communication skills with all levels, presentation skills, concentration, memory and decision making all part of normal job. Daily travel, extended hours and overnight travel required (50% or more travel)
Environment: farm machinery can be loud, fields are dusty and dirty, and weather conductions can vary from hot and humid to cold and wet.
Preferred Experience & Education: CCA certification
Sales experience in crop inputs/agriculture industry.
Desire to make farm calls coaching seed sellers with regard to adding value to producers through seed sales
Percentage of Travel: 50
Land O'Lakes, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement savings account, tuition reimbursement, PTO, paid holidays, and employee development opportunities. Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Interested applicants can apply online at our Land O'Lakes Career Page req number 9148