Manager, Government Relations Practice
PUBLIC AFFAIRS COUNCIL
The Public Affairs Council is looking for an experienced government relations professional to join a team of entrepreneurial and dedicated professionals who work together to enhance the value and professionalism of the public affairs practice.
We are looking for someone to serve as our primary contact to the public affairs community on best practices and emerging trends in federal and state government relations and manage all programs, resources and member services in these content areas. Successful candidates understand and are passionate about the political process, like to help others solve problems and desire working in a dynamic, non-partisan environment. Are you our next team member and community leader?
Managing the government relations practice requires an individual who is a problem solver, coach and trainer, self starter and community builder.
• Be an expert: Serve as the Council’s lead expert on federal and state government relations matters and respond to member counseling requests in these areas.
• Manage new and existing programs: Plan and execute all annual conferences (1-2), seminars (2-3), roundtables (4-5), webinars (4-5) and other events in the areas of federal and state government relations.
• Raise awareness: Increase recognition of the Council’s leadership in public affairs, including areas and services outside of your expertise.
• Create resources: Write materials that demonstrate the Council’s thought leadership and provide members with best practices on federal and state government relations.
• Build a community: Promote networking and idea-sharing among public affairs professionals.
• Public speaking: Increase awareness of Council expertise by developing customized training programs and speeches.
• Cross-train: Develop general expertise in all areas of public affairs.
• Communicate: Increase member communications on trends and emerging issues relevant to the government relations community.
Required Abilities and Experience
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Direct government relations experience; additional familiarity with corporate and/or association public affairs a plus
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, balance many projects at one time, and meet deadlines and objectives with limited direct supervision or administrative assistance
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and leadership, often without complete information
• Program management, event planning and/or consulting experience
The Public Affairs Council offers competitive compensation, a bonus plan and a comprehensive benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit www.pac.org.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email to email@example.com with “Manager, Government Relations Practice” as the subject line. No phone calls, please.