AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY FOUNDATION
Title: Specialist, Media Relations
Department: Media Relations
Reports To: Director, Media Relations
Function and Scope: Provides support to and implements strategic media relations program. Support media relations with respect to daily activities including fielding reporter requests, managing the promotion of various business line projects and College initiatives, implementing health policy PR activities, and supporting the management of the ACC newsroom during the annual meeting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support and help implement full-scale media relations and communications program
2. Draft and edit media releases, media advisories, Op-Ed pieces, etc.
3. Serve as liaison to government relations staff and implement health policy media placements
4. Maintain key relationships with health policy reporters
5. Field press inquiries and schedule member experts for events and interviews
6. Support the management of the ACC newsroom at the Annual Scientific Session and at other major College meetings
7. Manage promotion of various College wide initiatives and business line projects
8. Serve as primary point of contact for various public relations agencies and vendors
9. Proactively pitch ACC generated news stories
10. Other duties as assigned
1. Two to five years’ relevant experience in public relations, media relations, writing and editing.
2. Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications or public relations.
3. Successful record placing stories with policy, medical and health media.
4. Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
1. Two years of concentrated media relations experience in the health field.
2. Experience in public relations, media relations, writing and editing for large medical society or cardiology specific corporation.