PUBLIC AFFAIRS – DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP
The Glover Park Group (GPG), a leading public affairs consulting firm, is seeking an experienced communications professional to join the firm’s fast-growing financial services communications practice. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. headquarters.
GPG serves a broad range of financial services clients, including banks, private equity firms, asset managers, and flagship trade associations, among others. Our firm helps clients navigate significant regulatory and legislative issues, as well as crisis and political communications.
· Serve as day-to-day, client-facing lead for multiple financial services accounts
· Contribute to firm’s new business process and efforts
· Maintain expert knowledge of evolving policy and political issues that impact the financial services sector
· Work with other GPG divisions to deliver integrated services (from government relations and advertising to content development and public opinion research)
· Design, manage and execute successful public affairs campaigns that drive clients’ communications needs
· Interact on a daily basis with financial and general press
· Help craft and deliver persuasive messaging and related collateral materials, simplifying complex legislative, regulatory, legal or other general issues
· Experience in financial services issues and integrated communications, as well as experience in all aspects of strategic communications, message development, message delivery and media relations
· A BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
· A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication and teamwork
· Established media contacts in the financial services, business, or general press
Please submit a cover letter with reference to GPG’s financial services position, résumé, and two appropriate writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Financial Services Position – Public Affairs” in the subject line of your email. You can also mail your cover letter and résumé to Human Resources, The Glover Park Group, 1025 F Street, NW, 9th Floor, Washington, DC 20004.