Job Title: Sr Executive Assistant
Department: Federal Government Affairs
Company: American Express Company
Reports to: Vice President, Federal Government Affairs
Location: Washington, DC
Send Resumes: Diane Wesley, Manager, Corporate Affairs & Communications (email@example.com)
This individual provides administrative support to two Vice Presidents within the Federal Government Affairs Office (GAO) of Corporate Affairs & Communications. Specifically, this individual provides telephone coverage, calendar management, meeting planning, and coordination of travel arrangements. Corporate card expense reconciliation and invoice management. Assists with written communications and correspondence, as well as coordination of internal/external meetings.
This individual will also be the technology liaison support for the Government Affairs Office, assisting team members and working with Amex help desk to resolve network, computer, Blackberry, printer, and telephone problems as necessary.
Other duties include collecting, reviewing and sorting office mail, covering main office phone line (i.e., answer customer calls promptly and courteously), answering main door and greeting/escorting visitors. Ad hoc projects as necessary: department or division-related work. Provide back-up support to department and other assistant within office as needed.
In addition, this individual must have the ability to effectively and professionally interact with internal and external customers concerning American Express activities. The successful candidate must be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, respond appropriately to inquiries from senior AXP leaders, as well as colleagues across the enterprise. Office hours: 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Self-motivated, a team player, dependable and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and deliver within established timeframes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Lotus Notes and Lotus Calendar
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to handle the pressure of interruptions while working on multiple tasks
- Ability to be flexible when priorities shift
- General accounting and experience with expense reconciliation is a plus
- Experience with technology trouble-shooting is a plus
- 5 years experience
American Express made the following annotations on Fri Jan 08 2010 11:04:51 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you." American Express a ajouté le commentaire suivant le Fri Jan 08 2010 11:04:51 Ce courrier et toute pièce jointe qu'il contient sont réservés au seul destinataire indiqué et peuvent renfermer des renseignements confidentiels et privilégiés. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du courrier ou de toute pièce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et détruire immédiatement le courrier et les pièces jointes. Merci.