Position Title: Executive Assistant
Department: State Government Relations and Alliance Development
Reports to: Vice President, State Government Relations and Alliance Development
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Provide effective and timely administrative and professional support and assistance to the Vice President, State Government Relations and Alliance Development as well as the State Government Relations and Alliance Development department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage travel and calendar for the Vice President, State Government Relations and Alliance Development
2. Track and update the department’s budget. Maintain a log of department’s approved invoices and compare to budget.
3. Maintain and process the department’s contracts by working with Legal and Finance/Administration.
4. Maintain and file expense reports for Vice President, State Government Relations and Alliance Development
5. Copying, faxing, and filing as needed.
6. Backstop Vice President’s office phone, check and clear voicemail. Provide written summary of calls
7. Coordinate and arrange for departmental meetings to include reserving conference rooms, ordering the food, and doing the actual set up and clean up.
8. Manage and update departmental information within TIMSS database and outlook distribution lists.
9. Maintain all departmental records and is responsible for updating the “state” information on the BIO website and BIO database.
10. Assist with state public official registration for the Annual International Convention.
11. Providing administrative support and serving as the central point of contact for the vice president, directors, and managers of the department.
12. Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Must be able to work within a team environment.
• Experience providing administrative support
• Possess a high degree of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Must be highly organized.
• Must be highly driven and results oriented.
• Experience and knowledge of HTML and other online tools a plus.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor of Arts, preferable
3-5 years experience in an administrative support position
Biotechnology Industry Organization
1201 Maryland Avenue SW, Suite 900
Washington, D.C. 20024