DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
D&R International, an energy/environmental consulting firm, seeks a Director of Programs who shares the firm's dedication to its vision and mission of "cultivating changes to improve the environment and the quality of people's everyday lives." The preferred candidate will have focus, organization, strong intellect, enthusiasm, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
The Director of Programs will manage senior program managers who oversee all project staff. This person will serve as the primary point of leadership to guide all project work and ensure relevance to the company's mission, quality outcomes, client satisfaction, and financial goals, including:
• Identifying and pursuing strategic synergies among projects
• Identifying and encouraging collaboration among staff on different projects
• Ensuring optimal allocation of staff resources
• Ensuring project work is done in a manner that achieves real results and strategic value consistent with the company's vision and mission, leads to client satisfaction and retention, enhances the company's reputation and helps attract new clients, and is fiscally sound and within targeted performance levels (hours, $$, profit)
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record (12 -- 15 years) of growing programs and staff while creating a challenging environment in which people thrive. This person should have a strong interest in being actively involved in business development opportunities in collaboration with D&R's Business Development Team. Government contracting experience is preferred but not required.
This person will report to the President/CEO and be part of the Executive Management Team.
• Ensures corporate vision and strategy decisions developed by senior management are translated into appropriate programmatic policies, directives, and procedures
• Communicates and helps build commitment to corporate organizational policy directives and procedures among key internal program staff
• Sets tone and direction for relations with clients and other key external constituencies
• Protects and builds the company's reputation for quality work
• Identifies and helps explore new project ideas for current or prospective clients (with business development)
• Translates corporate vision, strategy, and performance targets into specific plans for each business unit/team
• Oversees ongoing contracts and monitors progress against defined milestones and financial targets
• Ensures timely completion of deliverables
• Oversees planned versus actual spending levels (hours and $)
• Develops staffing allocation (and hiring plans if needed) to ensure appropriate staff is available to support contracts
• Ensures core project management systems are in place and working effectively
• Builds and cultivates a group of committed program/project managers and staff who deliver high-value work for clients
• Defines program organizational structure and teams
• Mentors program/project managers
• Works with HR to ensure key staff development systems are in place (e.g., training, hiring, performance evaluations, and policies for staff retention)
Functional Areas of Responsibility
• Project management
• Project strategic planning
• Project financial planning
• Project/contract financial management (with contracts team)
• Contract renewals/extensions (with contracts team)
• Client relations
• Employee performance for project staff (with HR), including staff development/training, management/mentoring, performance evaluation process
D&R provides excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement account contributions, bonuses, flexible spending accounts, a comfortable work environment, and a sense of accomplishment. To apply for this position, send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy/environmental consulting firm seeks a Project Associate to provide management support services to its Federal clients in the energy efficiency industry.
• Developing and managing public/private partner relationships with regional utilities, state agencies, market transformation groups, and other regional stakeholders
• Providing analysis and input to regional policy issues and concerns
• Providing exceptional customer service to partners in order to further client agendas
• Conducting research and analysis on markets, products, and services, particularly to understand regional policy issues in energy and environment
• Managing data input, databases, and other daily functions for partner portfolio
• Being self-motivated, team-oriented, and well-organized
D&R provides excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement account contributions, bonuses, flexible spending accounts, a comfortable work environment, and a sense of accomplishment. To apply for this position, send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Strategic HR Manager
D&R International, an energy/environmental consulting firm, seeks a strategic HR Manager with passion, determination, and energy. The candidate should not shy from contentious, demanding, or difficult situations, will need to possess a strong intellect and a solid understanding of the business, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and exceptional written and verbal skills.
At this level, the job will be focused on ensuring that D&R is building a project management team that is able to deliver the company's strategies/business objectives. The job will include devising and implementing recruitment, retention, and evaluation strategies for staff at all levels. The HR Manager will also be responsible for the design and implementation of compensation and bonus programs, recruitment programs within the company, the design and implementation of staff performance evaluation systems, policy development, and employee benefits package development. The position will be positioned as a lead advisor in this strategic and operational capacity and as an ambassador for the company.
Candidates should possess at least 8 years of experience in the consulting industry and a PHR or SPHR certification. They should also be able to demonstrate success in developing HR strategies to support business objectives, a strong understanding of and experience in developing a company culture, experience in fast tracking key people, identifying and developing leaders, and generally feeding/developing the best people in an organization.
D&R provides excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement account contributions, bonuses, flexible spending accounts, a comfortable work environment, and a sense of accomplishment. To apply for this position, send a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.