Biotechnology Industry Organization
1201 Maryland Avenue, SW, Suite 900
Washington, D.C. 20024
Exempt X Non-Exempt ___
Position Title: Coordinator, Investor Relations and Business Development Programs
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Manager, Investor Relations and Business Development Programs
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate BIO's investor relations and business
development activities. This position shall interact with participating companies to develop
presentation schedules and coordinate partnering activities for BIO's investor and business
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate selection, invitation, solicitation and scheduling of companies presenting at investor and business development conferences. This will include developing a working knowledge of the companies and trends in the industry.
• Manage customer service support for BIO's investor and business development events, programs, and partnering activities.
• Oversee and manage the company profiles process for BIO's investor and business development events.
• Manage presenting companies section of events website.
• Serve as the co-Relationship Manager for all presenting companies in the BIO One-on-One Partnering system during BIO's investor and business development events and programs.
• Distribute communication materials and other relevant information to presenting and
partnering conference attendees.
• Work with registration team to track and collect payments for presenting companies at conferences.
• Provide analytical, detailed updates and reports regarding presenting companies and partnering activities for conferences and programs under the supervision of IR&BD Programs Manager.
• Coordinate program evaluations and work with IR&BD Programs Manager to benchmark program milestones and address customer feedback.
• Travel and onsite coordination of presenters, presentations, company moderators, and partnering activities at BIO's investor and business development events and programs.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Strong Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Solid knowledge of MS Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Customer Service experience
Highly Desired but not required:
• Web applications/HTML experience
• Project management experience
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Business, Communications, or related field. 1-4 years
experience in life sciences industry and/or in communication, sales or marketing.