American Society of Agronomy
Crop Science Society of America
Soil Science Society of America
900 2nd St., NE, Suite 205
Washington, DC 20002
Web: www.agronomy.org * www.crops.org * www.soils.org
Science Policy: https://www.agronomy.org/science-policy/
The Alliance of Crop, Soil, and Environmental Science Societies (ACSESS) seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant for their Washington, DC office to oversee and manage all office procedures and other assigned tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. General office administration, including: maintaining calendar, handling routine correspondence, faxes, phones, and reimbursements; drafting of memos, letters and financial statements; and scheduling of Congressional/White House/Federal Agency visits.
2. Website maintenance including posting of documents, editing and content development.
3. Develop invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and other programs.
4. Make travel arrangements and hotel reservations for staff, board members and volunteers.
5. Support staff in assigned project‐based work and provide administrative support for the Directors of Government Relations (DGR) and Science Policy (DSP).
6. Prepare minutes for board and committee conference calls and meetings.
7. Manage and update office processes with the oversight of the DGR, DSP and Policy Associate.
8. Maintain and update databases.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other productivity software.
2. Excellent time-management and problem‐solving skills.
3. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
4. Knowledge of office and process management principles.
5. Highly organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter.
6. Strong event planning skills.
7. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Minimum Qualifications: At least three (3) years of experience in general office responsibilities and procedures; proficiency with Microsoft Office; knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization; and ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com by December 30.
ACSESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.