Communications Manager, GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
Located in Wilmington, NC
The Communications Manager provides leadership and oversight of the communications strategy of our $1B, global GE Hitachi Nuclear (GEH) Energy business. In this role you will be a key member of the GE Hitachi Nuclear senior leadership team and will collaborate with business leaders, integrate multiple communication strategies, and work with the broader Communication team in GE Energy and GE corporate to execute those strategies, both internally and externally.
• Own, develop, and execute a wide variety of communication initiatives that support the strategic and operating goals of GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
• Oversee communication with customers, sales teams, employees, local communities and other key audiences as defined by the business. Projects include employee communications, customer communications activities, business press relations, branding, product collateral, executive presentations, advertising & promotions, web content, Volunteerism and events
• Act as primary contact and spokesperson for the business in all media activities
• Manage, lead, and develop a team of communication specialists
• Identify, select, and coordinate outsourced resources as needed to assist in execution of the above deliverables
• Establish and manage Communication budget for the business
• Coordinate with and leverage resources from GE Energy and GE Corporate communications teams
• Bachelors degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism, or other liberal arts degree
• At least 8 years of experience in Corporate Communications, Public Relations/Agency, or Marketing Communications
• Proven ability to develop and implement communications campaigns
• Ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and pitch compelling stories for wide range of audiences
• Broad knowledge of print, video and web-production technologies
• Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
• Proven change management skills
• Excellent business acumen
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization from senior level executives to all other employment segments
GE is working for a better future. Are you ready? For more than 125 years, GE has been respected for its performance and innovative spirit. GE people worldwide are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that help solve some of the world's toughest problems. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued?
Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Energy!
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 300,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. GE Energy is leading the field in the development, implementation and improvement of the products and technologies that
harness our resources such as wind, oil, gas and water.
GE Energy is one of the world's leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies in all areas of the energy industry including coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy as well as with renewable resources such as water, wind, solar and alternative fuels. http://www.ge-energy.com/
Wilmington is beautiful city rich with art, culture, beaches, natural beauty and history.
National publications have listed Wilmington as one of the 100 Best Small Art Towns in America as well as one of America’s 100 Best Retirement Towns. Come see why we love Wilmington! (www.wilmingtonchamber.org/)