Ripple Communications Account Manager
Ripple Communications is a full service communications firm providing integrated solutions to a variety of clients across industry sectors. We are a boutique firm, with large-firm capabilities, located in downtown DC.
We are recruiting for an Account Manager to lead several of the company’s client projects and to manage account staff.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with Senior Staff, a successful candidate in this position will contribute strategically to Ripple’s growth objectives and planning process.
The ideal candidate is friendly, energetic, proactive, detail-oriented, results driven, and enjoys a close-knit, corporate culture.
Strong writing, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are necessary.
• Work with CEO to build and manage an efficient account and project management team.
• Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of service and account management experience in a similar business services consulting environment.
• An undergraduate degree in a related field is required.
• Candidates need strong project management skills including work planning, work delegation, client management, and the ability to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments.
• Must be able to work autonomously and balance strategic and tactical issues.
• The role requires outstanding writing and communication skills, diplomacy skills, demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels, and the ability to influence senior professionals.
• Experience with project management tools, such as Basecamp and Microsoft Project is a plus.
Client work will require:
• Project management
o Manage implementation of initiatives and events for clients, including website redesign and development
projects, collateral material development, advertising, public relations campaigns, social media campaigns
and strategic marketing events.
o Manage large-scale, multi-faceted projects (for websites, this includes content strategy, site structure and
navigation; timelines; and budget; development of wireframes, site maps, creative briefs and functional
o Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage deadlines, communicate project status and help clients make key
o Identify, negotiate and manage relationships with vendors and marketing service providers.
o Manage and track client budgets.
• Professional writing
o Experience writing original content and repurposing existing content for web sites.
o Copy editing and editorial experience.
o Ability to crafted original marketing content for brochures, sell sheets, prospecting letters, direct mail, ads,
newsletters, surveys and e-mail appeals.
• Media and public relations
o Experience writing press releases and pitching stories to media contacts.
• Strategic Advice and Counsel
o Assist in developing long- and short-term marketing goals, plans and strategies for the firm’s clients.
• Experience working with graphic designers.
• Experience tracking, evaluating and reporting on the ROI of client marketing initiatives.
• Work with Ripple CEO on business development initiatives, including preparing responses to requests for proposals.
Ripple Communications offers competitive compensation and a good benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit a resume, and three professional references along with salary requirements to: Dede McClure – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls. EOE