Director, Public Relations
External Job Title : Director, Public Relations
Business Segment : Mortgage Insurance
Business Unit : Mortgage Insurance - United States
Hiring Manager : Chris Antonello
State/Province/Region : North Carolina
City : Raleigh
Mortgage Insurance (MI), Raleigh, N.C.
· Develop effective communication plan to advance the strategy / needs of US MI business
· Develop, implement and oversee white papers, research studies, media events and related activities that help advance U.S. MI initiatives with key external constituencies, including government legislators and regulators, lenders and consumers.
· Develop story ideas about Genworth U.S. Mortgage Insurance and its products and services. Secure extensive and favorable news coverage by effectively presenting these ideas to news media writers and editors.
· Research and write press releases, holding statements, discussion points and related statements that are used in U.S. MI's external communications activities.
· Research and write public statements and speaking engagements for U.S. MI executives.
· Develop relationships with targeted media contacts, seeking out appropriate interview opportunities, participating in media interviews and managing spokespersons.
· Represent Genworth/U.S. MI with the media; effectively handle media requests, respond to media questions, monitor market environment to proactively manage media issues.
· Meet regularly for strategic and tactical PR program review with Genworth Public Relations to ensure message and activity integration with corporate Public Relations strategies
· Counsel U.S. MI management on media matters.
· Provide appropriate media training for key spokespersons within U.S. MI.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 8-10 years public/media relations experience
· Superior communication skills
· Public/media relations experience in a financial solutions organization
· Financial trade press and national business media relationships
· Strong understanding of real estate market, mortgage / mortgage insurance and its distribution channels
· Experience in leveraging new tools of communication
· Strategic planning capabilities with an execution bent
· Ability to work well in a matrix, cross-functional environment