NAMIC PAC Manager
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) is currently seeking a Political Action Committee (PAC) Manager to work in our Federal and Political Affairs office in Washington, DC. The PAC Manager works closely with the Political Director and is responsible for the continued growth of the political program from the standpoints of implementation of strategy to account management, solicitations, and donor recruitment. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the NAMIC PAC, including operation of the PAC database, drafting and executing PAC-related communications, and the implementation of marketing and solicitation programs to secure new members and retain existing ones.
The well-qualified candidate will have solid experience in working with political programs, database management and have a working knowledge of state and federal requirements for political activity disclosure and reporting, to include FEC laws and filing requirements. Must have excellent organizational abilities, strong detail orientation and be very conscientious. The ability to persuade others, both verbally and in writing, is critical. Strong computer skills are required. The best candidate will have personal maturity, an upbeat personality, and a professional demeanor. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Manages the daily activities of the Political Action Committee (PAC).
· Manages the budget and goals of the PAC. Tracks disbursements and monitors levels of giving.
· Manages and coordinates NAMIC’s PAC strategy execution to increase political awareness and involvement.
· Devises and conducts activities designed to increase contributions to NAMIC PAC & Advocacy Fund.
· Responsible for the effective administration of NAMIC PAC including process development and adherence, receipts and disbursements, PAC political and corporate budget management and record-keeping.
· Responsible for detailed records of receipts and disbursements for purposes of monthly FEC and state filings. Works with Finance to ensure timely and legal filings are processed.
· Tracks corporate giving at the state level.
· Designs and implements all PAC communication including collateral materials, newsletters, videos, and the PAC website- internal and external.
· Effectively targets member involvement through letters, phone calls, emails, and other solicitation materials as scheduled annually. Maintains fundraising calendar.
· Assists political director to plan meetings and events for the PAC, such as fundraisers, political receptions, and educational events.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package. To express interest, please send a resume and cover letter to Megan Trainor, Human Resource Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAMIC is an equal opportunity organization.