Program Manager Iraq
Professionals for Nonprofits - Washington D.C. Metro Area
Apply here: http://www.nonprofitstaffing.com/Job-Seekers-(1).aspx
TheProgram Manager serves as a senior member of the MENA DC-based management team.He/she is responsible for daily administrative management of electoralassistance programs currently underway in Iraq. In addition the PM will beresponsible for development and proposal work for new programs within the MENAregion. The PM will manage a minimum of three full time staff comprised ofProgram Associates, Program Coordinator and a full time Program Officer. The PMwill report to the Deputy Director for MENA programs.
•Manages execution and tactical delivery in support of project goals.
• Participates in development of division’s strategic plan. Seeks out businessdevelopment opportunities for the MENA division.
• Provides guidance in design, implementation, evaluation, and overallmanagement of project(s).
• Alerts division management of programmatic concerns, challenges anddifficulties in a timely fashion.
• Ensures adherence to terms of funding agreement/contract, including projectdeliverables.
• Establishes, maintains and develops relationship with peers, subordinates,funder community and consultants at large for the purpose of businessdevelopment and information dissemination.
• Directs staff in the timely development and final production of reports tofunders.
• Leads the preparation of budgets.
• Approves field expense reports and travel expense reports.
• Responsible for financial oversight of projects, including burn rate, incollaboration and partnership with Finance Team.
• Oversees recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff as needed.
• Monitors pending grant/contract actions and coordinates timely action andresponse.
• Works with Procurement to ensure timely acquisition and delivery ofcommodities.
• Travels to field office to oversee/monitor project activities; meet andstrengthen relationship with Mission staff.
• Assists in drafting project proposals and narrative reports on activities andproject administration.
• Provides professional developmental opportunities for junior Program staff.Evaluates performance and provides feedback.
Desired Skills & Experience
Musthave managed a contract from Headquarters
• BS/BA required, Masters preferred
• 8+ years experience in international development or related field.
• Highly knowledgeable and experienced managing USAID grants and contractsmechanisms, with strong knowledge of USAID regulations, and procedures.
• Proven track record with democracy and governance work in developingcountries, with preference for experience working in the MENA region or othersimilar operating environments.
• Proven abilities in staff management, project administration, and financialmanagement skills.
• Experienced with budget management and oversight of large single project ormultiple small projects.
• Ability to direct staff, prioritize, handle multiple roles &responsibilities in a fluid and dynamic environment.
• Proven program design and project management experience.
• Solid and proven proposal development skills; highly experienced proposalwriter.
• Highly knowledgeable and experienced with USAID grant and contract proposals,regulations, and procedures.
• Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing. Strong presentationskills.
• Arabic language skills a plus.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
A leading expert specializing in the unique staffing needs of nonprofits, Professionals for NonProfits (PNP) is the only recruiting firm providing a full array of staffing services exclusively to the nonprofit sector.
With our vast network of mission-driven and experienced job seekers and our fast and rigorous screening process, we deliver results by finding the right fit for each organization.
PNP offers staff ranging from executive leaders and middle managers to support staff in:
- Fundraising, Marketing, and Communications
- Finance, Human Resources, and Administration
- Programs, Information Technology, and Office Support
Posted: October 19, 2011
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Project Management
Industries: International Affairs
Job ID: 2090402