Posted on Tuesday 4-Oct-11 0:00 AM
Print | More options▼
Categories - Embassy
Organization: Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Washington, DC
Location: United States (Washington, DC)
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Washington, DC is currently accepting applications for the position of Economic Researcher. The successful candidate will work closely with the diplomatic staff, assisting them on various economic and trade issues pertinent to Korea-U.S. relations. Please note that this is a full-time position.
Researcher is responsible primarily for:
- Monitoring the Administration, Congress and news press regarding the Korea-U.S. Free Trade Agreement,
- APEC, TPP, WTO, and related economic legislation and policy
- Researching economic, legislative, and trade issues
- Attending events regarding Korea-US economic relations
- Writing, proofreading, and editing correspondence, speeches, and reports
- Providing administrative support and other duties as may be assigned.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, October 12, 2011 with “ECONOMIC RESEARCHER” in the subject line.
Please note that only the selected applicants will be contacted and invited for an in-person interview.
- B.A. or M.A. in international relations, political science and/or economics
- Relevant work and/or internship experience (Korea-US economic relations, Administrative work experience in embassy or similar organization, etc.)
- Fluency in Korean a plus but not required
- Employment opportunities are given to those who obtain a legal status qualified for working in the United States, such as U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (“Green Card”) holder, and F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) holder. If your F-1 OPT Visa will be expired shortly in the near future, the Embassy could put you on A-2 Visa as you continue the employment with the Embassy.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 0% of the time (approximate)
Starts On: 24-Oct-11
The Korean Embassy
Thelma Choi (Add to Contacts)