The Organization for International Investment (OFII) is seeking a Director, Government Affairs. This position, which reports directly to the President & CEO, is responsible for coordinating and leading the association’s advocacy campaigns. The VP, Government Affairs works to educate policymakers on the benefits of international investment, monitors and analyzes political and policy developments affecting organizational priorities and communicates these matters to OFII’s Membership. The ideal candidate will have 10 years or more of related work experience, including several years on Capitol Hill. In addition, excellent verbal/written communication skills and knowledge of international business policy issues are a must.
· Track and analyze policy and political developments, at the federal and state level, on issues core to OFII’s mandate;
· Explain developments cogently and concisely to member companies through written and oral communications;
· Coordinate and assist OFII’s President in strategizing advocacy plan and executing advocacy goals:
- Lobby congressional/Administration staff and elected officials
- Draft talking points, advocacy letters and other background materials
- Lead member company advocacy efforts
· Brief OFII membership on OFII activities relating to policy and advocacy goals;
· Represent OFII in public meetings, working groups and on travel abroad;
· Liaise with DC business community to maintain good working relationships;
· Manage OFII’s participation in advocacy campaigns, sign-on letters and other non-OFII led initiatives;
· Direct and manage Policy Associate and Interns on a variety of projects; and
· Assist the President in managing and directing outside consultants.
The Organization for International Investment is a business association representing the U.S. subsidiaries of foreign companies (such as Nestle, Sony, Nokia and Volkswagen).
President & CEO
Organization for International Investment
1225 Nineteenth Street, NW