American Express Company – Washington, DC
Government Affairs Office
To support the American Express Company government affairs office in all activities including front desk coverage, research, public policy projects and communications.
Length of Service
Varied (May-August 2012) flexible based on intern schedule. Interns serve approximately 35 - 40 hrs/week. Pay is set at $10 per hour.
May include, but not limited to:
- Front desk coverage, greeting guests, answering phones, responding to customer inquiries, retrieving and opening mail, assisting with reports, preparing word documents and spreadsheets, filing, faxing, photocopying, backup office coverage, assisting in accounting related matters
- Assisting staff with legislative, regulatory and consumer group issues, attending legislative hearings, providing hearing coverage with follow-up report writing
- Research on various projects and work with team as necessary to assist with deadline driven assignments
- Internet and other research on organizations, issues, trends, case studies, federal legislative and political agendas, public policy issues and regional events
- Researching current events and various projects and working with team as necessary to assist with deadline driven assignments
- Professional demeanor / superior business etiquette
- Communication skills – must have excellent written and oral skills (will have interaction with business leaders and other professionals)
- Research skills – including use of Internet
- Solid organizational skills
- Good time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Outlook (desired)
- Previous office/corporate experience
- Phone experience/member relations
- Political and/or public policy knowledge, experience
- Must be a current student in good standing
- Concentrations of study may include political science, social science, business, communications or a related study
- Minimum GPA 3.0/4.0
Please send cover letter, resume and unofficial copy of transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background screening and drug testing will be required.
CLOSING DATE: March 30, 2012
Please, absolutely no calls.
American Express made the following annotations on Thu Mar 08 2012 09:57:38
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."
American Express a ajouté le commentaire suivant le Thu Mar 08 2012 09:57:38
Ce courrier et toute pièce jointe qu'il contient sont réservés au seul destinataire indiqué et peuvent renfermer des renseignements confidentiels et privilégiés. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du courrier ou de toute pièce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et détruire immédiatement le courrier et les pièces jointes. Merci.