ORGANIZATION: Corridor Partners, LLC
PREFERRED LOCATION: New York, NY
DATE: March 2012
Corridor Partners LLC is a new consulting firm that provides strategic investment advice to clients interested in addressing global climate change. Corridor Partners specializes in strategies to support a range of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations and activities.
Corridor Partners LLC is looking for an Associate to join our team in New York City. The Associate is an integral part of the Corridor Partners team and works closely with the Corridor leadership to serve a range of philanthropic clients interested in supporting strategies to address global climate change.
As part of a new and growing firm, the Associate will provide important administrative and programmatic support. The Associate will help coordinate and manage a significant portion of the firm’s administrative needs, as defined in annual work plans. In addition, the Associate may help with the firm’s programmatic work, including client and consultant relations, document preparation, reviewing budgets and other matters.
• Schedule meetings, travel and lodging, expense reports and other administrative support
• Provide research and collect materials and information from organizations and campaigns
• Assist in the preparation of documents and client memos
• Help manage ongoing relationship with organizations and campaigns regarding plans, evaluation, scheduling, grants and reports
• Help review concept papers and plans and prepare summary reports
• Other administrative duties as required, including: mail collection and distribution, greeting visitors and coordinating refreshments
• Special projects as assigned
• Experience in public policy advocacy and/or electoral campaigns strongly preferred
• 2-4 years professional experience
• Demonstrated experience drafting and/or editing written materials
• Proficient with various email and file sharing platforms and analytical software, including Excel. Strong experience and expertise with presentation software, including Power Point, Keynote and Adobe is a must.
• A Bachelors degree or equivalent required
• Proficiency with design is a plus
• Demonstrated interest in and passion for solving the climate crisis
Personal and Interpersonal Qualifications
• A flexible self-starter and dependable team player
• Attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong oral and writing skills
• Ability to identify and access relevant research, policy, statistical and other information and prepare clear and concise briefing papers
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze proposals and financial skills to evaluate budgets
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse range of people
• A sense of humor
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Associate.”