Program Associate for Regulatory Studies Program
We are looking for a Program Associate to assist with outreach, distribution, and promotion of our Regulatory Report Card, as well as some research and writing.
• Cultivating relationships between the Mercatus Center and policy audiences in state governments, on Capitol Hill, and in the executive branch
• Monitoring areas of policy and news related to regulations, and increasing awareness of the Mercatus brand through publications, linking, and writing.
• Providing research, writing, editing, and general support to the senior scholars who handle regulatory issues.
• Background in economics.
• Expressed interest in regulatory policy or related fields.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated interest and capabilities in working with both scholars and policymakers.
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities.
• Curiosity and creative thinking.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to hr at mercatus.org. No phone calls please.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University:
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is a research, education, and outreach organization that works with scholars, policy experts, and government officials to connect academic learning and real world practice. The mission of Mercatus is to promote sound interdisciplinary research and application in the humane sciences that integrates theory and practice to produce solutions that advance in a sustainable way a free, prosperous, and civil society. Mercatus's research and outreach programs, Capitol Hill Campus, Government Accountability Project, Regulatory Studies Program, Social Change Project and Global Prosperity Initiative support this mission. Mercatus is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.