FEDERAL AFFAIRS ANALYST
The Association of Global Automakers represents international motor vehicle manufacturers, original equipment suppliers, and other automotive-related trade associations. We work with industry leaders, legislators, regulators, and other stakeholders in the United States to create public policy that improves motor vehicle safety, encourages technological innovation and protects our planet. Our goal is to foster an open and competitive automotive marketplace that encourages investment, job growth, and development of vehicles that can enhance Americans’ quality of life.
About the Association:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two to three years Capitol Hill experience, trade association experience helpful.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with consistent attention to detail.
• Comfortable working under deadlines and ability of juggle multiple responsibilities with high quality execution and performance.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office suite.
The Federal Affairs Analyst will report to the Director, Government Affairs and assist with the development and execution of Federal affairs initiatives.
• Monitor the development of legislation impacting the automotive industry. :
• Assist in the preparation of memos, talking points, background/resource materials, and presentations.
• Respond to inquiries from Association members about federal legislative activities and provide other support as necessary.
• Attend Congressional and agency hearings and briefings, as appropriate; prepare summaries and communicate to staff and Association members.
• Represent Global Automakers on Capitol Hill and other venues on selected issues. Initiate and maintain contacts with legislative offices, industry, trade associations and consumer groups.
• Provide departmental administrative support and other duties as assigned by the director.
For more information, visit
www.globalautomakers.org. Please send your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.
Global Automakers provides a competitive and compensation and benefits package. EOE.