Please check out our new re-launched Website at www.straussradio.com .
Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Strauss Radio Strategies, Inc., an exciting, successful, fast-paced, and high-level downtown Washington, DC public relations, communications, strategy and consulting firm specializing in radio seeks to hire a highly talented, motivated, and positive minded Executive Assistant/Office Manager. This person will provide daily administrative support to the company president and assist with daily office tasks.
If you know anyone interested in this position, please have them e-mail their cover letter, resume, contact information, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Word processing (drafting, editing, formatting of documents).
• Proofreading (press releases, news scripts, routine correspondence, etc.) filing,
copying, and other clerical tasks.
• Maintaining and updating radio station databases and broadcast fax lists.
• Scheduling meetings, preparation of meeting materials, maintaining calendar.
• Assist in preparing company bookkeeper with coding vendor bills, confirming payment
of invoices and inquiring about unpaid invoices, preparation of company credit card
reconciliation, and assist other general light bookkeeping duties.
• Regularly order office supplies.
• Assist other office workers from time to time with projects and/or tasks.
• Help organize the office and help maintain office cleanliness.
• Take, edit, and distribute minutes of company-wide staff meetings.
• Assist with incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintain and regularly update office client code lists.
• Create, update, and negotiate rates for marketing tools such as media kits, postcards,
and magazine advertisements.
• Represent the company at functions, meetings, and events.
• Schedule travel for company President or for on-site conferences.
• Assist with recruitment and the interview process for potential interns.
• Prepare applications in collaboration with the staff for various PR awards.
• Update website regularly with new hires, case studies, and changes in company.
• Dedicated, Hardworking, and Loyal.
• Smart and quick on feet, willing to work long hours if necessary.
• Positive working attitude and ability to get along with others.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills and organizational skills.
• Detail-oriented, task-oriented and ability to be flexible.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, WinFax Pro, and
• Knowledge of and capacity to perform effective Internet searches.
• Background in public relations and college education preferred, but not required.