The strongest competitive advantage an organization possesses is the people that carry out its mission. In this recruiting role, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of International Justice Mission (IJM) by seeking out excellent candidates to take on the critical work of seeking justice for the most vulnerable and oppressed people in the world, while simultaneously being challenged professionally as a part of a proactive recruiting team. This position is based at IJM headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports directly to the Director of Recruiting.
Sourcing Top Talent
· Develop, implement and evaluate tactics to attract excellent candidates to fill open positions;
· Cultivate relationships with Christian professionals to build pipelines for future staffing needs;
· Assist the Director of Recruiting in equipping IJM staff to more effectively generate successful employee referrals; and
· Travel to select universities to represent internship and fellowship opportunities.
Evaluation & Selection
· Assist hiring managers in the development of job descriptions and success profiles for open positions;
· Process and review applications, conduct phone interviews and provide candidate recommendations to hiring managers;
· Manage the interview process for all staffing needs, ensuring that all members of the interview team are equipped to perform their assessments in a professional, timely and effective manner;
· Conduct thorough reference checks;
· Support hiring managers in extending employment offers; and
· Evaluate hiring decision memos and provide recommendations for hiring Field Office staff.
Global Recruiting Training
· Conduct assessments of recruiting practices in Field Offices from a specified region and generate development plans for improved results;
· Complete online trainings with appropriate Field Office staff in areas of need; and
· Collaborate with the Director of recruiting to train US based staff in Recruiting best practices.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a client-facing role (recruiting, business development, marketing or consulting) that required a strong customer service ethic, the ability to work well with sophisticated and diverse audiences and superior critical thinking skills;
Proven ability to establish personal and professional credibility and to build effective relationships with clients;
Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; and
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field.
Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
Winsome and professional demeanor;
Self-starter with strong initiative;
Resourceful and adept at creative problem solving;
Meticulous attention to detail; and
Works effectively under stress and deadlines.
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
Send Job Application Form, Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*
By E-mail (preferred method):
International Justice Mission
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 58147
Washington, DC 20037
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.