Job Number 1411774
Business GE Energy
Business Segment Energy - Power & Water
About Us GE is planning for tomorrow. Where will you be? For more than 125 years, GE has been respected for its performance and innovative spirit. GE people worldwide are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that help solve some of the world's toughest problems. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Energy!
Posted Position Title Communications Leader
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Organizational Communications
Location United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces North Carolina
Postal Code 28402-2819
Relocation Assistance Yes
Role Summary/Purpose The Nuclear Communications Leader will lead the development and execution of a holistic strategic communications plan for GE’s nuclear business, a $1B, 3,000-person organization.
Essential Responsibilities • Deliver compelling communications initiatives in support of the leaderships’ strategic business, marketing and operating goals
• Develop a team of direct reports in support of these objectives, regions and business lines following the Internal, Commercial, Stakeholder/External model for Power & Water communications
• Position business executives in industry, academia, and internal conversations to expand thought leadership positions for the business, including keynote speaking, committee chairs and memberships, and forum session leads
• Participate at senior staff meetings as communications counsel, building the role of Communications within the senior team
• Identify, select, and coordinate external resources and agencies, against defined budgets, as needed to assist in execution of the above activities
• Work with other regional, functional, business, product communication teams to deliver Energy, Power & Water and GE Corporate programs and events
Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing, or related field
• Minimum of 7 years corporate communications, public relations / agency experience or comparable executive and marketing communications experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Desired Characteristics • Sales, Marketing, or other relevant experience with technical products and services in industry or a business to business environment
• Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences
• Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization from senior level executives to all other employment segments, and effectively manage in a matrix organization
• Experience in managing a diverse team of direct reports, including employee evaluation, development, and mentoring
• Experience in developing and implementing marketing communications campaigns
• Ability to translate product & service value propositions into creative communication concepts
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
• Broad knowledge of print, video and digital media technologies
• Competent in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel
• International communications experience
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Energy is one of the world's leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies in all areas of the energy industry including coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy as well as with renewable resources such as water, wind, solar and alternative fuels. www.ge-energy.com
Wilmington is beautiful city rich with art, culture, beaches, natural beauty and history. National publications have listed Wilmington as one of the 100 Best Small Art Towns in America as well as one of America’s 100 Best Retirement Towns. Come see why we love Wilmington!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from Aviation, Energy and Transportation, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Apply at www.ge.com/careers site