1201 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20024
_x_ Exempt ___ Non-Exempt
Position Title: Coordinator, Event Operations & Logistics
Department: Emerging Companies/Business Development
Reports to: Director, Meetings & Operations (Jen Welch)
Salary Band: 3
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate operations and logistics for Business Development conferences and events, as well as support projects and customer service needs. . This position will be involved in pre-event planning, on-site event management and post-event follow-up. Responsibilities include but are not limited to site inspections, meeting services, audio-visual services, hotel, signage and management of on-site operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Generate and maintain a schedule of events (SOE) for all BD conferences, cross functionally with other members of the BD team for updates.
· Generate and maintain a department timeline for completion of key tasks for each conference and event. Responsible for updating timeline of logistical and operational tasks.
· Work with the Director, Meetings & Operations to support logistics and operations for conferences and events. Assists with the housing, food and beverage, function sheets, banquet event orders, room layouts and other needs, in support of the overall event. As directed, work with facilities and vendors regarding operational elements (Food & Beverage, AV, facility needs, etc.). Research and coordination of off-site dinner events.
· Provide input to post-conference reviews.
· Support budget development and cost reporting. Assist Director with reconciliation and review of hotel/facility and vendor bills.
· Communicate with program team to ensure all program requirements are being met (floor plans, AV needs, etc)
· Be familiar with contract terms and routing/approval process. Support contract processing and tracking.
· Responsible for all shipping of materials to and from conferences
· As a member of the BD team, must be up-to-date on the purpose and direction of the events in order to provide support to colleagues.
· Maintain accurate historical files of event data (F&B, room pick-up, etc) for each event
· As directed, support registration efforts; position must have a complete understanding of registration processes and policies associated with the conferences
· As directed, provide customer service support for registration.
· Provide on-site administrative support at various BD conferences.
· Create a conference resume to include all details pertaining to the conference timeline, load in and out schedules, items being provided, etc.
· Provide logistical details to facilities to include, but not limited to, room set-up requirements, menus, guarantees and housing.
· Secure necessary audio visual or other equipment.
· Manage multiple deadlines to ensure logistics are communicated to facilities/service providers on time.
· Preparation and distribution of meeting logistic information to staff prior to conferences.
· Maintain department event calendar to ensure all future meetings are listed.
· Responsible for administration of conference supporting services, including but not limited to: telephone and internet services, electrical requirements, furniture, labor times, etc.
· Suggests and advises on new procedures for improvement of logistics management
· Coordinate travel, lodging and expenses for BIO staff traveling to meetings/conferences
· Complete additional tasks and projects as assigned by Director or EVP.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in a related work environment
- demonstrated experience in coordination of all planning aspects for a combination of small, medium or large-scale events, including pre-event planning, on-site event management, post-event reporting and budget management
- demonstrated attention to detail
- superior interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite, databases and project management software
- proven budgeting and planning skills
- a demonstrated commitment to providing excellent services to all client groups (internal staff and external attendees)
- an ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- strong time management skills and flexibility.
Education and Experience Required:
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding and knowledge of meeting management and event coordination. He/she must be very organized, flexible, professional and be able to forge good working relationships with vendors. They must be detail oriented and possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Candidate must be willing to travel up to 10%, both domestically and internationally, and have a valid passport.
Four year degree required. Multi-lingual preferred, specifically in Chinese. CMP designation or work toward CMP designation preferred.