Biotechnology Industry Organization
1201 Maryland Avenue SW, Suite 900
Washington, D.C. 20024
T Exempt £Non-Exempt
Position Title: Coordinator, Registration and Customer Service
Department: Conventions and Conferences
Reports to: Senior Manager, Registration and Customer Service
The Coordinator, Registrations and Customer Service supports the Conventions and Conferences Department (C&C) with customer service tasks related to the BIO International Convention. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Registration while specifically supporting exhibit sales team throughout the year and seasonally supporting ancillary conferences/meetings, programs and international efforts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
General Registration/Customer Service
- Have a complete understanding of registration processes and policies associated with the BIO International Convention (including the BIO Business Forum and Company Presentations) and a functional knowledge of other events C&C helps produce.
- Assist with the management of onsite registration for the BIO International Convention– training temporary staff, distribution of badges and registration materials.
Exhibitor Customer Service
· Maintain accurate customer information for incoming contracts and any contact information/address changes throughout the life of the contract.
· Monitor and respond to inquiries received through the general exhibitor customer service phone line and “BIO Exhibit” inbox from confirmed and prospective exhibitors regarding registration, logistics and payment as well as general questions about the international convention.
· Create customer service reports for sales/marketing that track exhibitor satisfaction by identifying problems/issues, weak points/areas for improvement. As needed, use Goldmine to make individual customer service status entries.
· Assist in the administration of any tools or applications specific to exhibits (i.e.: pavilion tool, listing approvals).
- Work with Sponsorship and Membership Departments to coordinate exhibitor registration allotments. Provide regular updates to Senior Sales Executive and Senior Registration Manger.
· Assist with online advertisement fulfillment which may include serving as a back-up to Sales Executive for ad placement as well as tracking advertising reports.
· Assist with exhibitor financial matters.
- Ability to travel to BIO conferences which could be 5%-10% of work time.
- Assist the Programs Team with initializing the program submission and grading processes.
- Act as a point of contact for speaker registration and customer service related issues.
· Assist international registrants and prospective registrants with VISA questions and applications submissions.
· Assist the International Marketing Manager with data prospecting projects and communications.
- Coordinate round-trip shipments between BIO office and various conference venues.
- Compile and manage BIO staff housing needs at various BIO conferences.
- Serve as the main logistics/operations point of contact for exhibitors and maintain records.
- Coordinate signage as necessary.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Require little supervision
- Team player
- General working knowledge of meeting registration practices
- Comfortable with database and web applications
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma -- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- 2 years within a non-profit or membership organization.
- 1+ years of registration/exhibits/trade show experience preferred. Familiar with general database applications (TIMSS/Personify or similar membership database management preferred).
- Experience with Goldmine or similar contact management software a plus.