JOB: Administrative and Meeting Coordinator
The Chemical Producers & Distributors Association, a Washington, DC based trade association, sees a qualified, self-motivated, innovative individual to apply for the position of Administrative and Meeting Coordinator.
This is a multi-faceted position with multiple responsibilities for general administrative support, membership services, and meeting planning/logistics. The individual in this position must be flexible and demonstrate initiative, sound judgment, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities in accordance with the current and future needs of CPDA. Promotion potential with demonstrated experience.
· Provide overall database and mailing list management including membership, meeting registration, Board of Directors, and Committee rosters to ensure the accuracy of these lists
· Trouble-shoot computer/email/internet access/voicemail problems experienced by CPDA staff and work to resolve in a timely manner
· Handle and direct all general inquiries via phone, fax, and email from members, federal agencies, and the public
· Create and mail membership invoices and respond to billing questions
· Maintain general office files including membership correspondence, vendor files, bookkeeping records, and other materials germane to the routine operation of CPDA
· Maintain relationships with vendors to procure office supplies, printing services, and computer networking capabilities
· Provide primary logistical support for association conventions, conferences, and meetings including food and beverage, audio visual, management of hotel room block, and room set-up
· Process all attendee registrations and generate badges and confirmation letters, prepare and assemble registration packets for meeting attendees
· Collect speaker bios and presentations in advance of scheduled conferences
· Write promotional copy for conference announcements and finalize design and format of printed speaker programs
· Maintain and update CPDA website as directed
· Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Access software required
· Website management experience required
· At least two years experience in an office administrative support position
· Experience in meeting and conference planning desirable
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Some travel required.
· Compensation will be commensurate with experience. CPDA offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, association-matching retirement savings plan, vacation and sick leave.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.