Policy Advisor – Economic Program
|Third Way is the leading moderate think-tank of the progressive movement. Our work aims to apply fresh thinking across the policy spectrum, including a broad range of economic, national security, cultural and domestic policy issues. We work with elected officials, candidates, think tanks, and advocates to develop and advance the next generation of moderate policy ideas. Since our launch in 2005, our policy and communications products – as well as our issue trainings - have been used extensively in the House and Senate, by governors and by candidates ranging from Barack Obama to those running for Congress.|
|ABOUT THE POSITION:||Third Way is seeking a Policy Advisor for the Economic Program to assist team members in the development and advancement of policy ideas on issues including economic growth and job creation, trade, deficit reduction, health care, infrastructure, innovation, middle class success, and tax reform.|
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ø Researching and developing policy and message memos, reports, articles, presentations and other products;
Ø Developing and maintaining Third Way relationships with leading policy experts and key Hill and Administration staff;
Ø Representing Third Way at policy conferences, with the press and in the policy community; and
Ø Conducting surveys of existing public opinion research and assisting in the development of original public opinion research on economic issues.
This position affords qualified candidates a unique opportunity to work on fresh ideas that will help to shape the future course of economic policy in order to create stronger growth and greater prosperity. Our workplace is diverse, inclusive, collegial, and family-friendly.
|CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:||The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and skills:|
· Education. A bachelor’s degree is required, with a graduate preferred but not necessary.
· Policy expertise. Candidates with a general background in economic policy, including health care, budget, tax, trade, commerce, retirement, infrastructure, higher education and/or innovation issues are strongly preferred.
· Organizational skills. Candidates must be extremely organized, results-oriented, have strong political instincts, and be able to appropriately prioritize in order to keep multiple projects on track.
· Creativity. Candidat
· Writing. Candidates must have the ability to write compelling and high-impact products.
· Technology. Excellent computer and MS Office Suite skills
|TO APPLY:||Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Policy Advisor – Economic Program” as the subject line.|