Go back to Job Search Results
Director, Public Affairs (MidWest)
Pfizer - Chicago Area (Greater Chicago Area)
• Provide proactive strategic political analysis and counsel to regional team leader
• Plan and execute political communication strategies in assigned region
• Conduct political/opposition research to analyze and create public affairs opportunities in region
• Proactively monitor policy landscape to draft policy strategies
• Leverage media to impact state and federal government officials, opinion leaders and third party organizations.
• Generate and execute strategic advocacy communications in assigned region to advance Pfizer interests with government as both policy setter and customer
• Assist government relations team efforts to build strategic alliances with government officials (including members of Congress, governors, legislators and executive branch officials) and both state and federal political and public policy environment.
• Manage the region’s public affairs firms.
Desired Skills & Experience
• At least 3 plus years working in a political environment
• Political campaign experience at state or federal level
• At least 5 plus years experience in media relations
• Knowledge of all political media and communication vehicles
• In depth understanding of policy environment
• Strong written communication skills with ability to write well under pressure
TO APPLY: www.pfizer.com/careers job # 949576
March 8, 2011
Government Relations, Pharmaceuticals, Public Policy, Public Relations and Communications
Apply on Company Website--http://www.pfizer.com/careers/