Sent by: TomManatosJobsList@yahoogroups.com
03/09/2011 03:20 PM Please respond to
Subject [TomManatosJobsList] Jobs & Internships
Directions to send to those who want to get on the Jobs list: To get on the jobs list, just e-mail TomManatosJobsListfirstname.lastname@example.org and you will get a return e-mail from Yahoo with registration instructions. Good luck!
If you would like to unsubscribe from the list just e-mail the following address and follow the directions: TomManatosJobsListemail@example.com
If you would like to post a job or internship listing just e-mail the listing in the body of the e-mail (do not send as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of the Democratic Leader of the House seeks experienced Advance staffer. Candidates must have advance experience with high level principles, including briefing and staffing, and have executed events across the country and/or in Washington, DC. Candidates should be well-organized, hard-working, creative and detail-oriented. High degree of professionalism required, as well as an ability to work a flexible schedule, including long hours and extensive travel. Salary commensurate with experience. Email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
Communications Director, U.S. Representative of Texas
REPORTS TO: Member and Chief of Staff
§ implement a communications strategy for a very proactive Member; and
§ to manage and coordinate all communications activities, print, broadcast, and new media, and including media contacts, for the Member.
§ at least two to three years of congressional or Administration experience strongly preferred;
§ strong academic credentials;
§ excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
§ excellent oral communication skills;
§ understanding of print, broadcast, and new media,
§ thorough knowledge of legislative process;
§ knowledge of current issues and events in which the Member is involved;
§ ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the representation of the Member’s positions on policy issues;
§ Texas ties a plus
§ Spanish oral and written communications a plus but not required
§ availability to work long hours and weekends
§ ability to work well under pressure; and
§ ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others.
§ identify media opportunities, nationally and locally;
§ develop and continually expand list-serve of interested stakeholders and keep those stakeholders informed of Member’s activities;
§ maintain and update Member’s website;
§ develops and implements media and communications strategy for the Member;
§ coordinate television satellite feeds;
§ evaluates current events and media reports in the district and the nation for their impact on the Member;
§ maintain relationship with all stakeholder news outlets;
§ compile daily news clips;
§ maintain newsletter;
§ write press releases and op-eds;
§ writes speeches and message development strategy in cooperation with senior staff; and
§ performs other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates please submit the following via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org a résumé, cover letter including salary requirements, and 2-3 writing samples. No calls, please.
Don't forget to mention that you saw this listing on TomManatosJobsList!
NDN seeks DC Membership Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
NDN and the New Policy Institute seek a DC Membership Coordinator to manage our DC-based member network and work as part of the Membership & Development team in securing the organization’s annual budget.
The Membership Coordinator will serve as an integral member of the Membership & Development team. S/he will work with the Vice President of Development and Strategic Partnerships, the President and various Project Directors to identify and secure membership and sponsorship in support of the organization’s project work and for general support. Together with the Development Team, the Membership Coordinator will help develop and implement general strategies related to all fundraising activities of the organization and collaborate with them to provide creative leadership to other principals and staff.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Manage corporate & individual memberships and prospect and solicit new members
• Work with programmatic staff to develop issue-based funding opportunities
• Plan and execute membership events with elected officials, thought leaders and administration officials
• Draft communications for current and prospective members to promote information and events
• Responsible for overseeing and/or executing follow-up after proposal meetings
• Maintain database and develop systems for tracking donor information and contributions
• Prioritizing and managing multiple tasks under tight timelines and balancing competing priorities
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
• 2+ years of experience in non-profit fundraising, grant writing and/or project management
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
• able to foster and maintain interpersonal rapport
• Outgoing and able to work independently on assigned projects.
• Initiative, creativity, and a high level of professionalism
• Excellent communication skills, especially written, and general experience with the corporate giving.
• Relevant development/fundraising experience or experience managing or operating in a member-based program is highly valued.
The position reports to the VP of Development and Strategic Partnerships. Salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Please address resume, references and a writing sample, as well as any questions, to Jenna Narayanan at email@example.com.
Begin Blue, Inc.
Begin Blue is a 527 non-profit organization dedicated to intensive training
and placement for young Democrats interested in getting involved on
campaigns. In particular we see this kind of human investment as a way in
which Vermont can help become the demonstration state for young people
across the country, by providing a progressive environment in which to
experience political campaigns. By running a week long full immersion
program at Champlain College in June, and then placing people in campaigns
in Virginia and New Jersey, we hope to have a pilot year under our belt in
2011 so that we will have the feedback and practice and experience to
contribute in a major way to the much larger effort that will be underway in
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have
overall strategic and operational responsibility for Begin Blue’s staff,
programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The Begin Blue staff
includes a Director of Fundraising and a Director of Operations. The
position will begin immediately and will continue through June 2011.
Leadership and Management
- Participating in hiring staff for the residential period
- Participating in finalizing residential program curriculum
- Overseeing daily operations of the residential period in conjunction
with the Director of Operations during the residential period June 12-18,
Recruitment and Communications
- Coordinating recruitment of prospective Begin Blue attendees
- Meeting the program goal of 40 attendees for the 2011 session
- Enhancing the program and brand of Begin Blue by strengthening external
relations through online and traditional media
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key political campaigns
for the eventual placement of Begin Blue alums
- Excellent public relations, organizational, and management skills
- Past success working with a board of directors and staff
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in Democratic political campaigns or similar training
- Enthusiasm and passion for the goals and mission of Begin Blue
Begin Blue, Inc.
PO Box 846
Montpelier, VT 05601
Topic: Bilingual Field Organizer
> Mar 08 06:27AM -0800 ^
Bilingual Field Organizer
Crossroads Campaigns Solutions is seeking a bilingual Field Organizer
to implement an aggressive field plan for a New Jersey legislative
primary. The position will be available from mid-March through June
15th without significant time off. Hired Field Organizers may have the
opportunity to work on other legislative races for the fall cycle. The
ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills, organization,
commitment to democratic values, the ability to work both
independently and as part of a team and long and irregular hours as
well as a good sense of humor.
Specific responsibilities of the Field Organizer include but are not
• Community organizing
• Recruiting, training and managing paid canvassers
• Conducting accountability
• Managing canvass data
• Staffing phone banks
• Conducting GOTV operations
Prerequisites for application to Field Organizer position are:
• Bilingual (Spanish)
• Experience working with Latino community
• Reliable access to a car, computer, and phone
• High school diploma, bachelors degree preferred
• Some campaign experience (paid, volunteer, or internship) preferred
Salary will range from $2,000-$2,500 per month commensurate with
experience. Relocation expenses will not be included. Interested
applicants should email a short cover letter, resume and 2-3
references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NJ Bilingual Field
Organizer” in the subject line. Supporter housing will be available if
needed. Applicants should be ready to relocate to northern New Jersey
through the middle of June
Topic: Front End Senior Software Engineer (We Serve all Direct Client Reqs)
Mar 08 09:25AM -0500 ^
*Send me the best match Resumes **@ Steve@bahwancybertek.com *
Need *Front End Senior Software Engineer* Consultant for us, please respond
me with your updated resume, rate, contact and availability details ASAP
*Position:Front End Senior Software Engineer*
*Location: Washington DC *
*Duration: 06+ months*
*Front End Senior Software Engineer*
Client is looking for a Front End Senior Software Engineer to join the
client’s web site team to shape the future of our award winning website .The
candidate should be an expert in front end technologies and will work on
developing the next generation of online experiences as well as enhance
existing core features for the Going Out Guide section of client.
Our team is looking for a candidate who has experience, ambition and passion
for software development and who can be leader within the software
development team. This is a great opportunity to work on one of the most
interesting and strategically important parts of the client.
· Translate UI designs, comps, mockups and style guides into
functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility,
performance and robustness
· Collaborate with multiple team members, including product
management, UI designers, java engineers, web producers, and outside vendors
in an agile development environment to refine and improve the user
· Work with other engineers to set standards and best practices for
coding and design, with a laser focus on site stickiness via social
networking, SEO and page speed
· Work closely with marketing to execute scenario-based-design and
testing for web initiatives.
· Manage personal schedule of projects, deadlines and requests with
very little oversight
· Creatively analyze a problem and collaboratively define
· Ability to work effectively with management, customers and
technical staff in analyzing situations and resolving issues
· Integrate with social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter,
major search engines such as Google, Bing and UGC platforms like KickApps,
Pluck, JS-Kit etc.
· Highly motivated and accountable via self management while ability
to work with others.
· Able to clearly document and communicate a design to team members
*Skills / Qualifications:*
· 4-6 years front end software design, code & test experience
· 5 years experience in front end software design and development
· Bachelors' degree in appropriate discipline, or equivalent work
· Project lead skills
· Excellent written & verbal skills
· Proficiency with the following front end technologies
- HTML 5, Table-less CSS, DOM, DHTML, XHTML
- Web frameworks (JQuery, DoJo, mootools, JSON, AJAX etc)
- Tag libraries such as JSTL, Struts, XSL etc.
- Debugging tools such as Firebug
· Practical experience with XML and XSLT
· Proven ability to develop to web standards including Section 508
· Experience implementing advanced Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
· Proficiency designing and building high-volume, secure media web
sites while addressing cross browser issues and scripting vulnerabilities
· Experience integrating with analytics platforms such as Omniture
· Experience with SCRUM or similar agile development methodologies
· Experience with Maven, Subversion, CVS or equivalent tools
· JSP knowledge a must; Conceptual knowledge of Java, C#
· Able to multitask and resolve multi-faceted issues with creativity
and minimal direction
· Able to understand business problems, and be creative with strong
problem solving abilities.
· Must be flexible and be able to handle multiple projects
· Experience working in a collaborative, team-driven software
· Ability to work in a Java environment
*Desirable Skills and Experience:*
· Experience working for a major internet company and knowledge of
classifieds sites is a huge plus
· Experience with iPhone, iPad, Flash, FLEX and related technologies
is a plus
· Conceptual knowledge relational databases or working knowledge of
SQL is a plus
· Experience using Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plus
Direct: +1 508-556-3280
Fax: +1 508 652-9781
*Bahwan CyberTek Inc*
CMMi Maturity Level 5
*Error! Filename not specified.*
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
Topic: Canvassers needed in Buffalo NY
Mar 08 04:44PM -0500 ^
Part Time canvassers needed for issue advocacy campaign in Buffalo NY.
Canvasser shifts will run every day from now until the end of March.
Previous canvassing experience preferred.
Compensation is $50 each canvassing shift. Canvassers need energy,
a can do attitude and an ability to communicate with voters across the
Office Manager Position Now Available with Nation Consulting
Nation Consulting is a Wisconsin-based public strategies firm that
offers services to local, regional, and national clients. We occupy a
unique space between the media, business, government, and nonprofit
sectors to help our clients achieve their corporate and organizational
We are seeking a fulltime Office Manager for our Milwaukee office.
The Office Manager performs a wide range of high-level administrative
and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of
the organization. Day-to-day responsibilities include preparing
correspondence, filing reports, arranging conference calls, scheduling
meetings, managing a company calendar, coordinating deadlines and
cultivating strong working relationships with clients.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Assisting and contributing in general to office coordination
· Coordinating work flows of staff and tracking internal and
· Answering telephones, transferring calls to the appropriate
staff member, and taking messages
· Performing general clerical duties such as filing and copying
· Maintaining and coordinating records for staff, office
space, company credit card and office keys
· Purchasing, collecting and maintaining office inventory such
as office equipments and other supplies
· Arranging travel arrangements for partners
· Maintaining organizational documents and lists, such as
statewide media list
· Coordinating and maintaining client progress reports
· Assisting staff as needed in performance of projects,
including, but not limited to, research, report and correspondence
writing, and staffing events and meetings
· Be dependable, detail-oriented, motivated, and able to work
independently in a fast-paced environment
· Possess excellent oral and written communications skills,
superb analytical and methodical problem-solving skills and be able to
work well in team environments
· Have reliable transportation
· Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience Requirements for the position of Office Manager:
A successful candidate must possess a high school diploma and at least
1 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter in one email to
email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Email Marketing Manager Position
Mar 08 04:44PM -0500 ^
Email Marketing Manager at the Center for American Progress
Reports to: Associate Director for Email Marketing and Audience Relations
Department: External Affairs
Staff reporting to this position: Email Marketing Assistant
Position classification: Exempt, Full-Time
American Progress is seeking an Email Marketing Manager to promote
progressive policies and ideas among priority audiences by managing
the development and distribution of the organization’s targeted email
blasts. Together with the Email Marketing Assistant, the Email
Marketing Manager will have primary day-to-day oversight of most email
distributed by American Progress including newsletters; emails to key
contacts on Capitol Hill; blasts announcing new policy products,
promoting opportunities to take advocacy actions, inviting subscribers
to attend events, and soliciting gifts to support the organization’s
work; and private announcements of events and other updates sent to
smaller, highly targeted lists. The email program is very large in
scale—up to 10 email blasts are sent each day—and is run through an
integrated Eloqua and Salesforce.com list management and email
delivery system. The ideal candidate for this position is an online
communications professional with strong writing skills and a proven
track record in leveraging email to grow audience lists and strengthen
Prospective applicants are encouraged to view and subscribe to
American Progress’s email products at
get a sense of the size and scope of the email distribution program.
In your cover letter, please specify which email distribution software
programs you have experience with, as well as your level of skill at
HTML editing, image manipulation, and other relevant tasks.
Develop email marketing strategy in conjunction with other members of
the interactive marketing team.
Oversee the organization’s weekly email distribution schedule,
including determining appropriate audiences for each message, and
create and send emails in conjunction with the Email Marketing
Manage the email distribution program, including creating and managing
HTML email templates, distribution list templates, event registration
and other forms, and automated programs for advance scheduling of
Collaborate regularly with members of policy, events management, and
government affairs teams to ensure each American Progress product is
receiving appropriate promotion via email to the relevant audiences.
Regularly monitor and report on email marketing metrics and apply
lessons learned from those metrics to improve American Progress’s
email marketing efforts.
Develop contact strategies to build loyal American Progress constituents.
Train other staff across the organization on email best practices,
creation, and distribution.
Analyze constituent profile data and develop acquisition, retention,
reacquisition, and loyalty strategies.
Test frequencies of emails to maintain low unsubscribe rates while
increasing opportunities for increased readership.
Ensure that American Progress’s email practices are consistent with
high industry standards of quality, privacy, and security.
Requirements and qualifications:
Three to five years of experience in online communications, including
at least one year of experience in email development and distribution
using an email blast program, preferably including experience at a
nonprofit or public policy organization.
Intermediate to advanced HTML editing, CSS (style sheets and in-line
styling), and image manipulation skills, including experience with
Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proofreading skills.
Excellent attention to detail.
Ability to skillfully handle frequently shifting programmatic needs,
juggle multiple priorities, and make difficult judgment calls.
Experience in tracking, reporting on, and interpreting online analytics.
Familiarity with a broad spectrum of online communications methods
including web content and strategy, social media, blogging, online
Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a self-starter.
Commitment to the mission and goals of American Progress.
The following are not required but are a plus:
Familiarity with public policy and the progressive advocacy community.
Experience with online low-dollar fundraising campaigns, including
writing email appeals.
Knowledge of Salesforce.com (or similar CRMs such as Raiser’s Edge).
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to
maximize our progressive agenda: The Center for American Progress and
the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers
collectively to the two organizations under the name “American
Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a non-partisan
501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes
research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The
Center for American Progress Action Fund is a non-partisan 501(c)(4)
tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through
action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through
rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots
organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other
progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities,
and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund,
please go towww.americanprogressaaction.org.
To apply, simply e-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor – External Affairs Search
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job
you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will
remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the
current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will
receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
*Competitive Midwest Mayoral Campaign Seeks Finance Director*
We are a mayoral campaign in the Midwest looking to hire a Finance Director
to develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan, run call-time,
manage NGP, and oversee donor research. This is a November 2011 race, in a
state with no fundraising limits, and we are looking to raise close to $1
Salary is commensurate with experience. Pay is competitive. Housing and
utilities will be provided. Interested applicants, please send resumes to
- 1-2 cycles of fundraising experience
- Call-time management preferable
- Experience working 1-on-1 with candidates to develop a fundraising plan
- Good sense of humor mandatory
- Positive, team-oriented attitude mandatory
Topic: JOB: Executive Assistant (Washington, DC)
Mar 08 12:42PM -0800 ^
A well-known political and public affairs consultancy in DC is
currently seeking an intelligent and hard-working individual for a
part-time Executive Assistant. The right candidate will have excellent
MS Office skills, writing and research abilities, and a solid work
ethic. You must
be willing to schedule travel arrangements, organize and update files,
and participate in additional administrative processes as needed for a
high level executive. Strong communication and organizational skills
and the capacity to juggle multiple projects are critical in order to
the range of projects. Any interested and qualified candidate must be
a team player who can take initiative, solve problems, and complete
assignments in a timely manner. There are unique and exciting
opportunities for the right candidate. The hours are flexible and pay
depends on experience. For consideration, please send a copy of your
resume and a one page cover letter, with "(your name) Executive
Assistant Application" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB OPENING: Brave New Films seeks New Media Manager in LA, CA
Mar 07 06:34PM -0800 ^
New Media Distribution/Campaign Manager
Brave New Films/Foundation is looking for a New Media Distribution/
Campaign Manager to be a key member of our organization to help drive
our online distribution efforts with focus on managing an upcoming
campaign. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your leadership,
analytical, and project management skills to your love of online
activism. Specifically, we’re looking for someone to message/grow our
current social media network, handle email deployments, pull and
assess data to determine insights, and be the lead on an upcoming
* Passion to be creative to identify opportunities to increase the
number of people in our online audience (reach) as well as identify
new ways to pursue online activism.
* Desire to take on and lead new campaigns and initiatives.
* Project manage our email marketing campaigns from concept to
deployment: copy development, set up email deployments, and QA
* Interface with multiple online analytic tools to develop
campaign reports and insights compared to benchmark.
* Message our campaign launches across our multiple Facebook and
Twitter accounts and modify copy for website landing pages.
* Proactively provide insights on opportunities within Facebook,
Twitter, and other online sites to grow our audience
· Must love politics and our campaign work.
· Experience running a campaign, blog, or building an online
activist campaign with social media
· Good writer – break through the clutter and write targeted
messages based on the audience for our email blasts, Facebook, and
· A strong understanding of website, email, and social media
analytics to provide launch reports as well as various ad hoc requests
for us to understand campaign performance and identify opportunities
· Familiarity with various reporting and online tools --
Google Analytics, email deployment tools, Quantcast, YouTube/
TubeFilter, and Facebook Insights.
· The person must know Excel well to be able to develop
formulas and produce accurate reports quickly.
· Flexibility – our needs change and evolve as our
· Be proactive and forward-thinking in addressing our
· Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle
multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
* Know basic html to be able to set up emails, a plus.
Politics moves fast. We have some pretty intense deadlines, so we're
pragmatic and not afraid to get our hands dirty. Think startup meets
non-profit political rabble rousers.
We get along well with people that have an excellent work ethic and
realize this is not a 9-5 job. This is an opportunity for the person
who wants to marry passion with work and is okay with checking in at
various times in the evenings and weekends.
The person will work with us from our Culver City, CA office.
Benefits include full medical coverage (you pay no out-of-pocket to
have health care).
*** In your cover note, include overview of your professional
experience and strengths and send with a subject line that will get us
to open your email. *** Send to email@example.com
Position: California Field Organizer
Location: California (San Diego, Orange County, or Central Valley)
Start Date: ASAP
Term: Two month campaign with potential for extension
**Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces are strongly encouraged to apply**
**Candidates must be willing to relocate**
The Truman National Security Project is a national security leadership institute, the nation's only organization that recruits, trains, and positions a new generation of progressives across America to lead on national security. Our mission is to provide the skills, knowledge, and network to create an influential force of leaders across the country who advance strong progressive national security policy.
We are seeking a Field Organizer to manage Truman Project efforts throughout the state of California. The Field Organizer will be primarily working as a part of Operation Free – an advocacy campaign to inform the public about the national security threats of oil dependency and climate change. The Field Organizer will report to the Advocacy Director.
California Field Organizers will work to recruit and set up training for veterans to effectively communicate the Operation Free message. In addition, they will schedule, plan and execute earned media events in targeted regions across the state.
California Field Organizers will be working closely with nationally-recognized organizing and political staff and consultants, and will be an integral part of a fast-moving, hard-working, and highly-flexible team for a rapidly-growing organization.
- At least one cycle of professional advocacy and/or electoral campaign organizing experience
- Prior experience with national security and/or climate change issue areas, and military families and Veterans communities is a plus. Candidates with past military service are especially encouraged to apply
- Candidates must be able to relocate if needed
- A high level of comfort with advance, event set up, and crowd-building
- Experience working with social media organizing, including use of Facebook and Twitter
- Familiarity with databases, Microsoft Excel, and blast email systems
- Bachelors degree or higher
- California ties are a plus
- A car and legal driver’s license are required
- Ability to work long hours, including some nights and weekends, and travel
- An excellent sense of humor
This is a two month campaign position with potential for extension.
Send resume, references, a short writing sample, and salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Field Organizer” in the subject line.
Democrat Jim Langevin, of Rhode Island's Second District, is seeking full and part-time interns for the summer of 2010, with openings beginning mid-May. Interns in our office perform legislative and administrative work in Congress while gaining valuable career and educational experience. Specific duties include providing constituent services, attending legislative briefings and committee hearings, performing legislative research, special projects of interest, and, most importantly, learning about the inner workings of the House. Rhode Island ties are preferred but not required. All internships are unpaid.
Interested? Send a resume, cover letter, two brief writing samples, and dates of availability to email@example.com.
*Internships at EMILY’s List*
Gain valuable political experience and help elect pro-choice Democratic
women up and down the ticket! EMILY’s List is a grassroots political network
working to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates to higher office. We
orchestrate major fundraising efforts for candidates, work with their teams
to build effective campaigns, and use our famous grassroots network to
mobilize women voters. Interns are given the opportunity to do varied and
substantive work, while gaining in-depth experience in the political sector.
By working together, we can make a difference — and change the face of
EMILY's List offers full- and part-time internships in eight departments:
- *Information Technology*
- *New Media*
- *WOMEN VOTE!*
Because of the crucial role interns play in our organization, we ask that
applicants have excellent written and oral communication skills. Good
judgment and an ability to maintain confidentiality are also a must.
*Visit **http://emilyslist.org/who/jobs/ to apply for a Summer 2011
internship. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling schedule; the last
day to apply is April 1, 2011.*
Interested in Women & Public Policy? Want to gain nonprofit
Intern with the Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN)!
The intern will work closely with the Executive Director and assist
with overall communication and development strategies for this small
Responsibilities may include:
- Grant writing
- Online marketing- Google Ad Words & Google Analytics
- Conducting an ROI/Costs-Benefits Analysis
- Conducting a longitudinal study of our alumnae and impact
- Web design, IT, graphic design
- Media coverage, op-ed writing
- Curriculum development for our college programs
- Implementing a new membership program
- Event planning logistics
- Corporate sponsorship outreach
The unpaid internship can begin immediately, but we are also
interested in having help for the spring and summer. Preferably, you
would be able to come into our DC office at least 5 hours/week during
9-5pm on weekdays- this can be a full time or part time internship.
The hours are very flexible. Please apply even if you are seeking a
full time job. Graduate or undergraduate students are also welcome to
Please email a resume and cover letter to the Executive Director,
Pamela O’Leary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a political junkie? Do you have a nearly compulsive attention
to detail, a knack for multi-tasking, and an ability to create
organization in your wake? Do you genuinely enjoy helping people
solve problems? If so, we would love to talk to you about joining NGP
NGP VAN is a leading provider of campaign software and technology
services to Democrats and their allies, including the Obama campaign,
more than 75 percent of Democrats in Congress, and over a thousand
other campaigns and political organizations. We work hard to help our
clients with innovative technology and strategy and to develop
rewarding careers for our staff.
Responsibilities: As an intern on our Sales and Marketing team, you
will provide administrative support for the daily operations of the
• Conduct new candidate research and lead generation
• Manage candidate filing database; compile election information from
blogs and other Internet sources
• Process sales and facilitate communication between new clients and
This is a paid internship with a fast-growing company that can give
you valuable experience.
Required knowledge and abilities:
• Demonstrated interest in Democratic campaigns and fundraising.
• Strong online research skills; familiarity with online political
blogs and other sources of campaign information.
• Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple types
of administrative tasks; strong attention to detail and accuracy;
persistent follow-through skills.
• Excellent organizational, written and oral communications skills;
ability to effectively present and communicate to all levels within an
• Must be able to take initiative and work independently with
guidance, but limited supervision; must be able to work well within a
team environment and across multiple teams.
• Strong computer/internet skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Salesforce.com
experience a big plus.
NGP VAN has a fun and relaxed company culture, from blowing off steam
at the ping-pong table or softball fields to big bonfires at the
company summer retreat in Vermont. NGP VAN takes pride in being a
progressive and open-minded workplace. You can learn more about our
company’s growth at www.ngpvan.com/about-us
The internship is intended to start immediately. Our dates are
flexible for the right candidate. Please include the title “Sales/
Research Intern” in the subject line when you submit your resume and
cover letter to email@example.com