The Tax Coalition Job Bank
March 9, 2011
From Job Bank Chair Kimberly Pinter:
Congressman Kevin Brady (TX-8) - Legislative Assistant
Description: Congressman Kevin Brady (TX-08) is seeking an experienced legislative assistant to handle tax, energy, and several other issues. Strong writing skills, creativity, and minimum two years legislative experience required. Texas ties a plus. Email resume, references and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or drop-ins please..
CQ Roll Call - Staff Writer, Tax Policy
Description: CQ seeks a reporter to cover tax policy as it's developed by Congress. The successful candidate will closely follow legislation involving taxes, including corporate and individual taxes, policies affecting the IRS, and congressional oversight of the agency. We are looking for a seasoned, enterprising reporter who is eager to break news and is comfortable handling complex financial issues and understands tax and fiscal policy. Each application will be evaluated against the minimum job qualifications identified in the job posting above. Failure to return the completed application will negatively impact your candidacy for the position. By returning the completed application, you will be considered an applicant, but it does not guarantee an interview. Apply on-line at http://corporate.cqrollcall.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=56.
Director, Federal Government Relations - Tax, Corporate Governance & International Trade
· Will represent Pfizer to the U.S. Government (Legislative and Executive branches) on legislative and regulatory matters in the areas of international taxation, corporate governance, international trade and other assigned issues.
· Develop and maintain good working relationships with Members of Congress, their staffs and Executive Branch officials.
· Work closely with members of Pfizer's Legislative Affairs, International Government Affairs, Tax and Corporate Governance Divisions
· Will specifically assist and support the Pfizer Tax Division in developing and executing strategies with respect to legislative and regulatory tax matters and policies.
· Enhance Pfizer's role in the Federal policy process.
· Will work with Pfizer International Public Affairs to advocate on international competitiveness issues, in particular as they relate to tax treatment in the US.
· Will specifically work with the Corporate Governance team to monitor, update, develop/execute strategies and lobby on corporate governance issues that include: Executive Compensation, Compensation Committee independence, Comparative Disclosure on Compensation, Disclosure on internal pay equity and claw-backs.
· Will work with external groups, such as PhRMA, BRT, US Chamber of Commerce and other established tax coalitions to develop company and industry positions, advocating strategies to support Pfizer's global business objectives and legislative priorities.
· Will research and prepare advocacy materials, comments, testimony, legislation, and internal and external communications.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in political science, economics, policy, finance, or related field. Masters degree or law degree preferred.
Five plus years government or government relations/lobbying experience.
Must have a minimum of five years experience with tax issues.
Have a proven track record of legislative and regulatory accomplishments.
Corporate government relations experience preferred.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
Strong communication skills required.
Contact either Barbara Bonfiglio Barbara.Bonfiglio@Pfizer.com or Maria Cino Maria.Cino@Pfizer.com