03/16/2011 10:09 AM Please respond to
Subject [TomManatosJobsList] Jobs & Internships
Directions to send to those who want to get on the Jobs list: To get on the jobs list, just e-mail TomManatosJobsListfirstname.lastname@example.org and you will get a return e-mail from Yahoo with registration instructions. Good luck!
If you would like to unsubscribe from the list just e-mail the following address and follow the directions: TomManatosJobsListemail@example.com
If you would like to post a job or internship listing just e-mail the listing in the body of the e-mail (do not send as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Redistricting Desk
The Democratic National Committee has openings for a Redistricting
Desk position in the Technology Department. We are looking for
talented men and women to join our team at our Washington, DC
The main responsibility for this position is to supply our state
parties and other groups with timely and insightful information
regarding their local redistricting efforts. This analysis will
include data from the official 2010 census and aggregating data from
our national voter file. Redistricting Regional Desk will be the
primary point of contact for the DNC and on-the-ground Democratic
• Analyze voter file data and census data to provide counts and
analyses of redistricting plans
• Maintain relationships with state elected officials and their staff
to determine where your work is most needed
• Consider multiple redistricting scenarios and draft memos and
analyses summarizing key developments
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Geography, Political Science,
Economics, Demographic Studies, or related fields.
• 1-2 years working in an analytical position.
• Proficiency in SQL and relational databases.
• Knowledge of GIS software (ArcGIS, Maptitude)
• Advanced Proficiency in Excel
• Proficiency in Stata, SPSS a plus
Interested candidates can send a resume and cover letter to
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity
among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires
the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that
provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The
DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit,
hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions
without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin,
religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender
identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any
other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful
discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Stones' Phones is a leading Democratic consulting firm based in Washington,
DC. We do strategic and phone consulting for high-profile Democratic
campaigns, progressive causes and non-profit organizations at all levels
across the nation and internationally. Some of our recent clients include
President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign, and from the 2010 cycle: Senators
Patty Murray and Joe Manchin, Governors John Kitzhaber and Jerry Brown,
Representatives Loretta Sanchez, Ron Kind and Allyson Schwartz, EMILY’s
List, The Sierra Club, Planned Parenthood, Equality California, and various
Assistant Account Executives at Stones’ Phones will work closely with senior
staff to support our strategic services. Duties include, but are not
- working with strategists to plan and implement phone programs
- training clients and helping them execute Telephone Town Halls, which
requires some travel and evening hours
- assisting strategists with day-to-day work including business
development and travel planning
- keeping up-to-date research on political races, advocacy efforts and
- maintaining a large database of organizational contacts.
The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm for Democratic or progressive
politics, 1-2 years experience working with a campaign or political
organization, and an eagerness to learn more about political campaigns and
consulting. He or she will also demonstrate an unimpeachable work ethic, a
creative take on problem-solving, a keen eye for detail and a sense of
humor. Competency working in a fast-paced environment is key, and fluency
at basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and internet research is
This is a permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
include health care reimbursement and Metrochecks. Our office is located
near Metro Center.
With “assistant account executive” in the subject line, email letter of
interest, resume, and one page writing sample (non-academic if possible) to
Kathryn Poindexter at email@example.com.
Topic: Advancing Wisconsin Team Leaders
Mar 14 12:44PM -0700 ^
Job Description: Team Leader
Advancing Wisconsin is hiring experienced organizers for Team Leader
positions available immediately in Madison and Milwaukee. We need
outgoing, bright, and articulate individuals to organize citizens
around important issues in our community. Team Leaders are responsible
• Managing 6-10 Field Organizers and overseeing a voter-contact
• Assisting the Regional Director with recruiting, hiring, and
training Field Organizers
• Voter education and mobilization
• Door-to-door canvassing, no fundraising
• Fight for progressive causes and help make Wisconsin a better place
• Previous field campaign, organizing, and/or supervisory experience a
• Able to walk door-to-door and engage voters in conversations about
• Dedicated to working for progressive change
• Highly organized, goal-oriented, and able to work independently
• Able to meet strict deadlines while operating in a high pressure,
fast paced environment
• Able to work with community partners and a team of field organizers
• Must be willing to work long, irregular hours including evenings and
• Current valid United States driver's license and access to a vehicle
for use in the course of performing the job
To apply, please send your resume, a list of three references, and
your preferred work location (Madison or Milwaukee) to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Team Leader Application”
in the subject line. Applications are due no later than Friday, March
18, 2011. No phone calls, please.
About Advancing Wisconsin
Advancing Wisconsin (AW) was founded in 2008 and serves as the direct
voter contact organization at the America Votes table and is a
clearinghouse for statewide field organizing activities. AW designs
and conducts statewide contact programs to ensure our state's
residents are educated on important public policy issues, the
positions of public officials on those issues and, in some instances,
electoral activities. AW also provides assistance to other
progressive organizations to carry out their own grassroots programs.
In 2010, AW executed 46 distinct programs around the state, one of the
most complex and comprehensive voter contact programs in the country.
AW achieved 1.3 million pre-GOTV and 1.7 million GOTV voter contact
attempts, and collected 3.5 million pieces of data that will inform
future programming for AW and our progressive partners.
Sierra Club is hiring for some great Communications positions. Please
the word, and encourage people to apply very soon.
Wellstone Action is seeking a Director of Marketing and
Communications. Details are below. Please share widely and urge talented
and motivated indivduals to apply. Job is based in St. Paul, MN. If
anyone you know that you personally want to recommend, please let me
but otherwise, have folks apply directly as per instructions below.* *
*Director of Marketing and Communications*
*ORGANIZATION: *Wellstone Action
*CATEGORY:* Public Relation and Marketing
Wellstone Action is a national center for training and leadership
development in the progressive movement. Founded in January 2003,
Action's mission is ignite leadership in people and power in communities
win change in the progressive tradition of Paul and Sheila Wellstone.
*JOB TITLE: **Director of Marketing and Communications *
*LOCATION:* Twin Cities Metro
*TYPE:*Full Time/ 40 hours * DEADLINE: * Open Until Filled
*PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
Wellstone Action (www.wellstone.org), a national center for training and
leadership development for the progressive movement, seeks an energetic
creative Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and
comprehensive brand development and communications strategy. Founded in
2003, Wellstone Action is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization
a mission of igniting leadership in people and power in communities to
change in the progressive tradition of Paul and Sheila Wellstone.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will report to the Executive
Director and work closely with the development team on fundraising
communications programs as well as all training program directors to
audiences and organizational awareness.
The Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for developing
implementing a comprehensive marketing and communications program, with a
focus on these core audiences: national, regional and state-based
progressive organizations; progressive activists, organizers and
seeking training and capacity-building experiences; and individual and
institutional funders. Specific responsibilities include:
Preparing and implementing an annual marketing and communications plan,
ultimate accountability for outcomes.
Overseeing organization-wide message and branding efforts.
Producing fresh and compelling content for all online and social media
communications strategies, including email, website, blog, Facebook,
Working with the development team to develop direct mail and online
fundraising campaigns as well as developing materials for major
and foundation fundraising efforts.
Working with the program team to develop content and production of
program-specific marketing materials, both electronic and print.
Ensuring the use of consistent design standards and message across all
Developing and implementing effective evaluation tools to assess the
of marketing and communications efforts and making appropriate
*EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:*
Minimum of three years experience as a communications professional, with
particular interest and skill in online communication and social media.
Well-organized and self-motivated with ability to multi-task and problem
Excellent writing skills, with good design sense, attention to detail and
Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people on a team.
Willingness to take risks, be creative and use innovative approaches.
Commitment to measurement, evaluation and outcomes.
Good sense of humor.
Web design and development skills.
Specific fundraising communication savvy.
Ability to train and teach others on communications.
Professional and/or volunteer experience with community, issue advocacy
and/or electoral organizing efforts.
Graphic design skills or experience working with a graphic design
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience, and
excellent health insurance, vacation, sick leave and retirement benefits.
Located in the St. Paul, MN, we provide a rewarding, lively, informal,
fun working environment. Wellstone Action is an equal opportunity
We actively encourage people of color to apply for this position and all
positions at Wellstone Action.
*HOW TO APPLY:*
Please email your letter of interest and resume, including salary
requirements, to email@example.com or mail to:
ATTN: Fawn Bernhardt-Norvell, Deputy Executive Director
2446 University Ave., Suite 170
Saint Paul, MN 55114
A well funded Democratic Congressional Primary in major Northeastern
city is looking for a Communications Director. The campaign is gearing
up for an early June start and we’re looking for someone who would be
available to start around then.
Responsibilities include developing media strategy;
drafting/distributing press releases; writing op-eds and/or letters to
the editor; helping with the creation of campaign literature; media
monitoring and daily clip distribution; web site management and new
media content creation; booking interviews and pitching stories;
establishing and maintaining strong relations with local and national
media; responding to press inquiries; and preparation of talking
points and speeches.
You should have knowledge of video, audio and/or photography and
editing in those medium. Previous campaign or political communications
experience is preferred as is on the record experience.
Please send resume, two (2) writing samples and salary history to
Grassroots Advocacy Manager
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s grassroots network has seen
significant growth in the
last few years and is currently seeking a senior level Grassroots
Advocacy Manager to help take
our program to the next level.
The Grassroots Advocacy Managers are critical members of the
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s Government Affairs & Advocacy
Department and are responsible for identifying, developing, and
managing opportunities for growing the organization’s grassroots
network and our grassroots advocacy campaigns. As part of this work,
the individuals assist the Director of Government Affairs & Advocacy
with the development of strategies and campaigns to increase the
grassroots and grasstops networks and to achieve our legislative
goals. Day to day activities include: developing and conducting
training sessions for our grassroots advocacy leaders, developing and
implementing grassroots campaigns that will assist in achieving our
legislative goals, and developing and implementing the organization’s
annual Advocacy Day.
Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills
as well as demonstrated solid volunteer management skills and at least
three to six years experience working in grassroots and/or advocacy.
Bachelor’s degree required. Political campaign and/or Hill experience
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email their cover letter,
with salary expectations,
and resume to Job2@pancan.org. Please note that only complete
applications will be considered.
RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Essential functions of the job are denoted by
an asterisk (*). Other duties may also be assigned. Please note that
the essential functions may vary depending on department size,
organizational structure and/or geographic location. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to
perform the essential functions of the job.
• *In close collaboration with the Director and the other Grassroots
designs and implements grassroots advocacy strategies, events and
advance the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission, including the
annual Advocacy Day.
• Represents organization at meetings and events with coalition
partners, strategic allies, in
Washington, D.C. and in the field.
• * Identifies and develops opportunities for grassroots outreach
developing and distributing Action Alerts.
• * Develops and maintains relationships with Advocacy Coordinators
and other key
volunteer advocates across the country.
• * As directed, travels to Affiliate events to assist with advocacy
• * Working with the IT Department and in close collaboration with the
and implements upgrades to the organization’s grassroots advocacy
• * Updates and maintains the organization’s grassroots advocacy
• * Fields calls and inquiries from Advocacy Coordinators and other
• * Manages the development and updating of the Government Affairs &
of the organization’s website to assure the accuracy and timeliness of
• * Assists in the development and implementation of strategies to
organization’s public policy priorities.
• * Attends department meetings, weekly one-to-one meetings,
meetings, and other meetings as determined appropriate by Director.
• *Performs other related duties as assigned by management. This
position will include
some administrative tasks.
• *Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: In accordance with applicable Pancreatic Cancer
Action Network policies/procedures
and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory
responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring orienting and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervises: (Direct) N/A
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications
which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties
and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum
qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or
• Excellent writing skills and knowledge of written advocacy
communication formats and
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Familiarity with policy development process and key aspects of the
• Ability to advocate for the needs of people affected by pancreatic
cancer and to accurately
represent the interests of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
• Education and/or demonstrated experience related to federal and/or
and/or budget processes.
• Ability to synthesize and/or analyze complex information.
• Ability to produce reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint
and other computerbased
• Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability and willingness to work with bi-coastal staff.
• Ability to work effectively in a small team and with advocates.
• Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
• Skill in operating office equipment, such as personal computer,
calculator, copy machine,
facsimile machine, and telephone.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain highest level of
• Ability to communicate with employees and other agency contacts in a
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain schedules.
• Ability to present oral and written reports.
• Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies
• Ability to work comfortably with diverse populations, with
sensitivity to issues concerning
• Ability to perform routine bending/stooping while filing.
• Ability to perform routine twisting/reaching while working at
• Ability to perform routine walking/standing during course of day.
• Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse over telephone
100% of the time.
• Ability to see well enough to use computer efficiently and read
computer reports and
correspondence 100% of the time.
• Three to six years experience working with grassroots advocacy
organizations and/or in
the field of public policy, Bachelor’s degree required. Capitol Hill,
grassroots and/or policy
development experience a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to
perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to see, hear,
speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or
other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and
lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment. Travels as
required to meet accountabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work
environment are representative of those that an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to
perform the essential functions of the job within the environment. The
office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise
levels are considered moderate
Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research has two positions open in the
Washington, DC office. GQR is an internationally recognized survey
research firm specializing in public opinion polls and focus groups.
We work around the world for political campaigns and parties, public
interest organizations and foundations as well as corporate crisis
management and positioning. You can learn more about GQR at
We are looking for someone to provide administrative assistance to a
company Principal. Responsibilities include maintenance of research
schedule, coordinating and communicating Principal’s research,
presentation and marketing activities with company management, staff
and clients. Additional responsibilities include scheduling travel,
handling expenses and researching information needed by Principal or
others within the firm. Position requires a team player with ability
to multi-task and strong organizational, communication, writing and
editing skills. Ideal candidate will have experience in survey
research or political campaigns/consulting and three years work
Responsibilities include: Act as analyst and project coordinator for
clients – primarily domestic political candidates; assist company
Principals in all aspects of survey research process including
drafting questionnaires and focus group guidelines, coordinating
internal research needs with field and programming departments,
candidate and issue research, writing reports/ memos, presentation of
findings, and proofing of documents and graphic presentations.
Candidate profile: Problem solver with a career interest in public
opinion research; detail-oriented person with excellent oral and
written communications skills; ability to work fast, accurately and
creatively under tight timelines and high pressure; strong project
management skills; self-motivated team player. Ideal candidate will
have three to four years experience with quantitative/qualitative
political research, experience with political campaigns and an
appropriate education background.
BASELINE REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL STAFF
Accuracy and Attention to Detail: We pride ourselves on a long history
of accurately predicting election dynamics and outcomes. We are
committed to providing our clients with a top-quality product that is
correct and complete. To ensure that our work is accurate, we place a
premium on paying attention to every detail and showing concern for
all aspects of the job, no matter how small.
Belief in Our Mission: We are committed to progressive goals, ideas
and leaders. We embrace diversity and believe in social justice for
Communication: We clearly communicate information and seek out answers
in a respectful, professional manner. In our fast-paced environment
it is critical to keep others informed and engaged. Forging and
maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients is
Intellectual Curiosity: We believe in always asking “why”. The desire
to learn drives us to think more deeply and thoroughly on all issues.
Our curiosity leads to the exploration and innovation that allows us
to remain a leader in our field.
Strong Work Ethic: We are dedicated to working hard and going the
extra mile for our clients and our colleagues. This commitment comes
from the internal motivation, initiative, intensity and energy that we
bring to our individual roles. We do not shy away from difficult
tasks; we dedicate ourselves to doing whatever it takes to get the job
Teamwork: We accomplish everything as a team. We rely on, and are
accountable to, each other. Our level of responsibility and
dedication to the team is unique and binds us in our common goals.
This allegiance to the team means always being able to trust and count
on our peers.
To apply submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenberg Quinlan Rosner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Engage Texas Seeks Organizer
Mar 15 04:30PM -0500 ^
Engage Texas seeks a *Field Organizer* to develop and implement strategic
statewide campaigns supporting implementation of the national Patient
Protection and Affordable Care Act.
*Position: Field Organizer
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Contract, grant-funded for three years
Engage Texas is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit created to foster collaboration within
the progressive advocacy community and establish a permanent infrastructure
for coordinated advocacy and civic engagement across issues.
This position is funded by a grant jointly awarded to Engage Texas, the
Center for Public Policy Priorities, Children’s Defense Fund and Texans Care
for Children to create support in Texas for national health reform. The
Field Organizer will work closely with staff from each organization to
develop a field program supporting the policies and communication strategies
developed by the partner organizations. The Field Organizer will also work
closely with other allied organizations and existing coalitions to
coordinate mutually supportive campaigns, create efficiencies of limited
resources and achieve maximum effectiveness.
*Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop creative and strategic ideas that help engage the public and
- Work closely with existing coalition partners to ensure efforts are
collaborative and reach out to new groups in order to strengthen the
- Serve as online and offline grassroots organizer to help build public
pressure for the policies the Collaboration supports.
- Independently implement strategies and tactics that are developed with
other staff members.
- Manage a budget
*Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Three to five years staff and program management with proven track
record for developing, growing and winning campaigns
- Proven ability to plan campaigns and manage projects and budgets from
start to finish; proven track record on data-driven program improvement
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, juggle multiple priorities in a
fast-paced campaign environment
- Experience of working independently while effectively collaborating
with multiple parties to develop ideas and strategies
- Experience training and developing organizing staff; experience
developing training curricula for activists, volunteers and staff
- Strong communication skills, particularly in the form of public
outreach (action alerts and blogs).
- Experience using the Voter Activation Network and managing a database.
- Familiarity with the issues at stake in health reform.
*Other preferred skills or experience*:
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is grant-funded contract
position that will run through completion of the campaign (approximately
Please send cover letter and resume to Janelle@EngageTexas.org
Engage Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB OPENING: Women’s Campaign Forum - Executive Associate
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Women’s Campaign Forum (WCF) has an immediate opening for a
full-time, temporary Executive Associate in their Washington, D.C.
office. This position reports to the Executive Vice President and
works closely with the President/CEO and the Finance & Operations
Director. This is a three-month temporary position with the potential
opportunity for permanent status.
Women’s Campaign Forum (WCF), founded in 1974, is the only national
non-partisan political organization supporting women leaders at all
levels of office, during the earliest stages of their public life. WCF
is dedicated to advancing the political participation and leadership
of women who support reproductive health choices for all.
Scheduling - 33%
· Coordinate and manage scheduling requests and appointments
for President/CEO and Executive VP
· Organize travel plans and accompanying documents for
President/CEO and Executive Vice President, as well as any travel
plans for the full organization
· Manage fellows to compile and prepare materials for meetings
· Maintain President/CEO’s calendar, voicemail, and files
· Serve as first point of contact for the Office of the President/CEO
· Work on special projects and attend to personal duties as required
· Maintain 18 month organizational planning calendar
· Other duties as necessary
Board Management - 33%
· Creating and updating board materials and assisting with mailings
· Assisting with organization of board meetings
· Assisting with board relationship management
· Other duties as necessary
Office Management - 33%
· Manage office IT vendors and basic staff IT inquiries
· Open, distribute and copy daily mail
· Welcome guests as they arrive in the office
· Coordinate printer repair requests with vendors
· Manage the set-up of new fellows on the Office Network, with
email access and on their work stations
· Coordinate conference room and conference phone number
calendars and highlight any conflicts
· Submit order requests for supplies, stock supply room and
coordinate staff to maintain a clean and professional office, workroom
· Other duties as necessary
Please note that the percentages of work allotted to each category are
estimates and may not reflect day to day tasks.
At least 1 year of administrative and/or scheduling experience. WCF is
looking for an organized, tech savvy, and detail oriented
professional. This individual must enjoy working in a small-team
environment and have an entrepreneurial attitude. They must also be
able to identify, communicate, and create solutions for competing and
conflicting priorities. Must be able to negotiate and achieve both
on-going and short-term projects.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access), and Microsoft Outlook.
· Experience working with nonprofit organizations is a plus.
· Strong ability to implement projects with little direction
to increase office efficiency.
· Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities,
increasing efficiency and fiscal responsibility.
· Technologically savvy.
· Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also
being highly detail-oriented; able to plan both short-term and
· Experience interacting with Executives and Board Members is
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Personal qualities of teamwork, integrity, credibility, and
a commitment to WCF’s & WCF Foundation’s missions.
· Special preference will be given to those with Hill experience.
Send resume, cover letter, a short writing sample (no more than 500
words) and list of references via email to Tanya@wcfonline.org.
Associate Position Now Available with Nation Consulting
Nation Consulting is a Wisconsin-based public strategies firm that
offers services to local, regional, and national clients. We occupy a
unique space between the media, business, government, and nonprofit
sectors to help our clients achieve their corporate and organizational
goals. We are seeking a full-time Associate for our Milwaukee office.
The Associate is the primary writer and copy editor for all of the
firm’s clients. In addition to generating press releases,
opinion/editorials, website content, email marketing text, letters,
and other media content, the Associate will also work with the firm’s
partners to develop and implement media strategies for corporate and
non-profit clients in a variety of industries, as well as political
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Writing and editing press releases, op-eds, and other media content
· Working with partners to develop media strategy for all of
the firm’s clients
· Interacting with clients on a daily to weekly basis to
ensure goals are being met
· Tracking and compiling media clips for relevant industries
· Reporting back to clients on task progress
· Excellent writing proficiency and oral communication skills,
as well as strong spelling and grammar as dictated by the AP Stylebook
· Deep understanding of basic press release and news story
structure and formatting
· Experience utilizing social media networks, including
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage tasks for dozens of clients simultaneously
· Be dependable, detail-oriented, motivated, and able to work
independently in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent online research skills
· Residence within the greater Milwaukee area
· Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of basic web programming languages, including
HTML, and knowledge of common content management systems like Joomla
and WordPress are encouraged, but not required
· Knowledge of video and audio editing software is encouraged,
but not required
· Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign,
Illustrator, and Photoshop, is encouraged, but not required
Education/Experience Requirements for the position of Associate:
A successful candidate must possess an undergraduate degree and at
least 4-6 years of experience working in the media, public relations,
or public affairs industries.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
For best consideration, applicants should submit the required
materials by Thursday, March 31, although applications are accepted on
a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and
writing sample (2 to 5 pages) in one email to
email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Topic: Special Assistant: DC
Mar 15 04:50PM -0400 ^
Penn, Schoen & Berland (PSB), a member of the WPP Group, is a global
research-based consultancy that specializes in messaging and
communications strategy for its blue-chip political, corporate and
media and entertainment clients. Our mission is to provide fast,
accurate and actionable research that answers important business and
political questions. In the political arena, PSB has worked as
pollster and strategic advisor to President Bill Clinton, Senator
Hillary Clinton, and UK Prime Minister Tony Blair. In the corporate
sector, PSB is the leading research provider to Microsoft, and a
strategic research provider to Procter & Gamble, Verizon, Vodafone,
McDonald’s, Merck, Home Depot, and Coca-Cola. In the entertainment
sector, the firm is a leading provider of cover test research to
magazine publishers, frequently conducts motion picture research for
top Hollywood studios, and is a leading provider of video game
research to top video game publishers.
We are currently looking for dedicated, enthusiastic Special Assistant
to provide administrative and personal support for a senior executive.
The ideal candidate will be highly ambitious with a keen attention to
detail, superior organizational and communication skills, and the
ability to work with confidential information. The position requires
discretion, professionalism, occasional weekend work, and a positive
attitude. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Organize complex travel arrangements;
• Create and maintain all schedules;
• Act as a gatekeeper to the executive;
• Interface with political and business clientele; and
• Complete ancillary personal duties.
Candidate requirements include:
• BA degree from accredited 4 year university;
• 1-2 years work experience, ideally in an assistant role and/or on a
national political campaign;
• Extensive knowledge of Washington, DC, and the current political
• General interest in the field of market research/polling
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the
subject line of the email.
Topic: JOB: Finance Director
Mar 15 04:18PM -0500 ^
The Louisiana Senate Democratic Campaign Committee is seeking applicants for
Finance Director to run an aggressive fundraising operation to help us gain
the majority in 2011.
·Work with the caucus Executive Director and Chairman to create and execute
a winning fundraising plan for the Committee. Establish quarterly, monthly,
and weekly fundraising goals and outline how they will be reached.
· Coach local Senate Candidates & their staff to create & execute
successful fundraising operations
· Manage member call time & other activities to hit finance targets
· Manage follow up on all correspondence and pledges
· Make fundraising calls to donors in addition to candidate call
· Build on existing donor database by identifying and recruiting
· Plan and execute fundraising events.
· Oversee compliance and prepare disclosure reports in cooperation
with DSSCC accounts manager & treasurer.
· Supervise & train Finance Assistant in donor research, event
planning, & other support activities
· Recruit and supervise interns/volunteers to assist with data
entry and other tasks
· Coach local Senate Candidates & their staff to create & execute
successful fundraising operations
· Support other campaign operations as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ cycles of fund-raising experience on a district or statewide
campaign preferred. Previous caucus experience a plus.
• Good and goal management skills
· Knowledge of NGP and other finance software
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven entrepreneurial abilities, creativity and initiative
Pay and benefits are commensurate with experience. Must be comfortable with
long, irregular hours, frequent travel, and be willing to relocate to Baton
Rouge for the 2011 cycle.
To apply, please send resume and 3 references email@example.com
*BlueGreen Alliance/Sierra Club Weatherization & Energy Efficiency
Internship -- Summer 2011*
Launched in 2006 by the United Steelworkers and the Sierra Club, this unique
labor-environmental collaboration has grown to include the Communications
Workers of America (CWA), Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), Service
Employees International Union (SEIU), National Wildlife Federation (NWF),
Laborers' International Union of North America (LIUNA), Union of Concerned
Scientists (UCS), Utility Workers Union of America (UWUA), American
Federation of Teachers (AFT), Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU), Sheet Metal
Workers' International Association, United Auto Workers and the United Food
and Commercial Workers (UFCW). The Blue Green Alliance unites more than 14
million members and supporters in pursuit of good jobs, a clean environment
and a green economy. More information about the BGA and our positions can be
found at www.bluegreenalliance.org.
The Energy Efficiency & Weatherization/Retrofit internship works under a
Sierra Club staffer on public education regarding the importance of
retrofitting buildings (esp. homes) and available programs and funding. This
is often done by communicating with Sierra Club communities across the
nation to help demonstrate demand and also with labor unions and industries
to promote energy efficiency.
Overall, an internship with the BlueGreen Alliance/Sierra Club office can
include research assistance and writing, legislative support, event
planning, and working with U.S. and international nongovernmental
organizations, particularly BGA union and environmental partners. Interns
will also be asked to participate in administrative work as needed, but the
overall nature of the internship is highly substantive, focusing around
specific projects as determined by the applicant and supervisor. Internships
are offered during the fall, spring and summer in the following areas:
Strong research, writing and computer skills are necessary. Hill
experience/familiarity a plus. Prior study and/or interest in the
environment, international trade, globalization, economics, labor movement
and/or social justice desirable, as well as an awareness of current events.
Familiarity with office procedures and conference or event planning is
helpful. Applicants fluent in Spanish are highly encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will be organized and willing to learn; he or she will
perform well under the pressure of deadlines with an ability to work
independently while adapting to rapidly changing situations.
The internship is designed to be full-time; however accommodations can be
made for the right applicant.
Please send a resume, cover letter, brief writing sample and a list of 2-3
references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the e-mail “BGA
Weatherization Internship Application”. Also, please indicate the time
period you will be available.
POSITION: Summer Intern
ORGANIZATION: The Chadderdon Group, www.chadderdongroup.com
The Chadderdon Group is hiring summer interns!
The Chadderdon Group is a Democratic direct mail that was founded in 2007
with a reputation for direct mail that gets candidates heard and races won.
We have been recognized with nine Pollie awards and the Reed Award for the
“Toughest Direct Mail” piece two years in a row.
Summer interns at TCG will be a part of a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Intern responsibilities include assembling pitch packets, conducting
campaign research, assisting with social media efforts, booking travel
arrangements and assisting with general office duties/errands.
Interns must be trustworthy, demonstrate initiative and have a sense of
humor. Interns must also have a car and be willing to work at least 30
hours a week. Summer internships are unpaid, but a fun summer and great
learning experience is guaranteed. We are also wiling to provide assistance
if you’d like to do the internship for college credit.
Applicants should send resume with 3 professional references and start/end
date to email@example.com with the subject line “Summer Internship.”
I work at a national Democratic opposition research firm and we're
currently looking for interns for the summer. We do research and
policy work for candidates and interest groups across the country.
Candidates should be at least in their sophomore year, have a strong
understanding of national politics, and be able to work 15-20 hours a
week. Campaign experience is a major plus, but not a requirement.
This is a paid internship with a $500 stipend.
Anyone's whose interested can forward their resume to
A Little More About Us
Started in 2007, Spiros Consulting conducts opposition research,
policy work, and general consulting for Democratic candidates and
interest groups across the country. Over the last two cycle we have
worked in 24 states on races for Governor, the Senate, Congress,
Attorney General, and numerous independent expenditures, including on
one of Politico's "Top 10 political upsets of 2008" and the Washington
Post's "honorable mention" winner for "best gubernatorial campaign."
New Partners, a progressive, full service political consulting firm with specialties in strategic advising/consulting, communications, research, fundraising/development and field/grassroots strategy, is seeking spring interns in the finance department of our firm’s Washington, DC office. Interns will work on a variety of nonprofit, foundation and political clients and will be provided a stipend. Please visit www.newpartners.com for more information on the firm.
Candidates should possess strong oral and written communication skills, solid organizational skills and attention to detail, and sound political instincts. He or she must also have the ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple projects at once. All candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Office suite.
Candidates should be current college or graduate students, or recent graduates. To apply, please email resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
START DATE: April 4, 2011
Ideal Candidate Will Possess the Following Qualifications:
• Ability to digest and condense information into user friendly summaries;
• Basic knowledge of campaign finance rules;
• Working knowledge of fundraising and research resources: Nexis, NGP, tray.com, opensecrets.org
• Assist finance staff with day to day projects including: donor research, call sheet production, briefing and memo writing, and fundraising calls;
• Maintain and update call lists and donor databases;
• Participate in and staff fundraising events;
• Provide administrative support