Director of Government Affairs
Autodesk - Washington, DC (Washington D.C. Metro Area)
This position will report to and team with Autodesk's Senior Director of Government Affairs to execute the company's government affairs and public policy strategy in the US, in close coordination with Autodesk's senior executives and business units. This position will advance Autodesk's policy goals and values before US government officials and Members of Congress, establish relationships with such officials, participate in major associations and organizations related to policy and advocacy, provide leadership on policy issues affecting the business, and contribute to and support the company strategy with regard to its government business. Among the policy issues are matters involving building and infrastructure design and development, sustainable design, intellectual property rights, software development, trade, market access, government procurement, and economic development.
A world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk delivers the broadest product portfolio to empower customers to digitally design, visualize, and simulate their ideas.
Job Title: Director of Government Affairs, Req#11000000P4
Location: Washington, DC
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Government Affairs strategies and programs.
- Stay apprised of Autodesk business goals and strategies in order to assess the impact to the company of policy and regulatory developments.
- Working closely with Legal and business management teams, identify key legislative and regulatory policy developments that affect the company, consult and coordinate with company stakeholders to establish consensus on policy priorities, and formulate strategies and action plans to address the issues.
- Write policy and issue briefings for internal and external communications.
- Establish relationships with key US government officials in targeted agencies, and with Members of Congress and staff with jurisdiction over company priority issues and that represent company facilities. Manage company interaction with such officials, including executive engagements.
- Help develop communications with government officials, industry associations and other third-party partners.
- Engage in internal cross-functional communications to coordinate execution of any cross-functional policy initiatives
- Participate in Autodesk's engagement with industry associations, coalitions, and other organizations related to policy and advocacy to advance company policy objectives, Foster strong relationships with like-minded companies-both within and beyond the technology community-to strengthen support for Autodesk's policy objectives.
- Provide government affairs support in relation to sales opportunities.
Represent the company at public and social events.
- Participate in consultations with outside professionals and legal counsel.
- Support Autodesk license compliance programs and advise LC group about effective and appropriate strategies.
- Support compliance with all applicable laws, including laws relating to ethics and government relations.
Desired Key Qualifications and Skills:
- A degree in a discipline related to public policy, law or public administration is preferred.
- 8 years of working experience in Congress, federal agencies, and/or government affairs or a related function, ideally with a strong background in the software or technology industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage public policy issues, navigate government structures, and effectively advocate before government officials.
- Strong business acumen.
- Capable of working in a highly matrixed environment, with a broad range of professionals.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening, writing and speaking skills
Autodesk provides one of the most exceptional compensation and benefit packages, including stock options for all employees, 401k matching, six-week sabbatical after four years of employment, domestic partner policy, ongoing employee training and development, flexible work hours and more!
If you are an extraordinary person who strives for excellence, please submit your resume online at http://www.autodesk.com/careers - Job Req #11000000P4. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
May 3, 2011
Employer Job ID:
Apply on Company Website
People Who Viewed This Job Als