Business Development Manager, Communications & Publications, Washington, DC
Start date: September 12, 2011
The US-China Business Council (USCBC) is seeking a business development manager for a full-time position. USCBC is a private, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of nearly 240 American companies that do business with China. Founded in 1973, USCBC has provided unmatched information, advisory, advocacy, and program services to its membership for nearly four decades. Through its offices in Washington, DC; Beijing; and Shanghai, USCBC is uniquely positioned to serve its members' interests in the United States and China.
USCBC's publication and digital platform, China Business Review (www.chinabusinessreview.com), is the leading American magazine covering trade and investment with China and, has served an international audience of senior business leaders, senior government officials, entrepreneurs, students and academics since 1974. CBR magazine is published four times a year with ongoing website updates. CBR is developed under the leadership of USCBC's Communications & Publications Department based in Washington, DC. The primary responsibility of the position is to oversee the sales and marketing operations of USCBC's publications, CBR website, sponsored events, media partnerships, co-marketing deals, webinars, and other paid media opportunities.
The business development manager oversees the sales and marketing operations of USCBC's publications and other media. The business development manager will be responsible for budget development and tracking, advertising sales, circulation and subscription fulfillment, audience development, and production. The business manager will also develop and execute marketing plans to expand print and online readership and increase advertising and sponsorship revenues.
· Managing outside sales representatives and all media sales efforts, including print ad space, interactive media, digital content, sponsored events, and webinar sponsorships;
· Expanding awareness of USCBC's content among member company representatives and non-member audiences using traditional and advanced marketing techniques; and
· Managing the circulation of CBR, including supervising a circulation assistant, managing the subscriber database, e-commerce portal, and direct mail campaigns.
· Managing a staff assistant and interns.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in marketing- or communications-related field
· 3-5 years of sales, marketing and/or advertising experience
· 3-5 years of experience formulating business development and marketing plans
· Entrepreneurial sensibilities
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work globally
· Passion for international business themed magazines, news programs and websites
· Experience with online publications, social media networks, blogs and databases
· Excellent organizational, writing, presentation and communication skills
· Experience with website development, e-marketing, e-commerce, webinar production, and social marketing
· Experience in advertisement-driven, controlled circulation publications and developing marketing solutions for clients
· China awareness and interest helpful
· An understanding of quantitative analysis as related to marketing and business development metrics
· US permanent work authorization (US citizen or lawful permanent resident)
Send a resume, cover letter, salary expectations and a brief writing sample or marketing plan to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "Business Development Manager."
No phone calls, please.