Title Manager, PAC & Compliance - Washington, DC
Why CH2M HILL For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”.
About the Business Enterprise Services Jobs at CH2M HILL
At CH2M HILL, our company’s reach is extensive. The size, scope and importance of our business require us to be the best at what we do. However, we’re only as successful as the people that keep us running day to day. When you join our Enterprise Services Group, you will be given the opportunity to be at the core of an industry-leading, global organization. From accounting and communications, to marketing and contracts, there are many opportunities to bring your talents to a trusted name in the industry. Ready? Let’s Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications CH2M HILL PAC & Compliance Manager Washington, DC
The challenge? Be at the center of a global leader in full-service engineering, consulting and construction. Our PAC & Compliance Manager career manages and executes day-to-day activities of the employee Political Action committee (PAC) including operation of PAC database, producing internal PAC reports, newsletters, political analysis and PAC membership activities. Each day, the PAC & Compliance Manager plans and conducts political action committee recruitment campaigns including designing, implementing and measuring PAC membership campaigns, developing materials and brochures, working with HR to identify solicitable class, working with payroll, recruiting members, responding to PAC concerns/questions, maintaining the PAC website and developing grassroots activities. You should be a self-motivated corporate government relations professional with 3-5 years experience managing or building a PAC or PAC programs, preferably with two plus years of state or federal PAC, campaign or political experience and a desire to grow personally and professionally with each PAC project.
Our PAC & Compliance Manager:
• Manage all financial aspects of the CH2M HILL PAC including preparing financial reports and other relevant information.
• Work with outside PAC legal firm(s) to ensure full compliance with all regulatory and audit requirements, particularly those of the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and state election/ethics commissions or agencies.
• As part of the PAC toolkit, direct and develop grassroots initiatives, communications and advocacy when needed.
• Oversee reporting obligations to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local election laws and timely filing with election authorities of all required reports.
• Work with the Government Affairs Directors to develop annual PAC contribution budget/candidate selection process by researching information on candidates, their races/opponents, and other relevant information to allow Board to make sound decisions.
• Participate with and support members of the Government Relations team executing an overall political strategy to advance CH2M HILL’s interests.
• Innovate and introduce creative ways to engage CH2M HILL eligibles to not only participate in the PAC but also to find personal and professional value in participation.
• Develop and perform customized and informative presentations concerning CH2M HILL PAC to eligible participants and members.
• Coordinate all aspects of internal/external fundraising events. Represent CH2M HILL PAC at fundraising events as needed.
• Work closely with outside database vendor to maintain and enhance current systems and programs.
• Planning and preparation for and execution of regular PAC Executive Committee meetings and biannual PAC Board meetings.
• Overseeing all recordkeeping for PAC. Processing PAC receipts and disbursements, including recording and verifying contributions, and preparing and submitting disbursement requests for campaign committees.
Basic Qualifications • Willingness to travel occasionally.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration/management, political science, public policy, communications, finance or equivalent field.
• Minimum three years work-related experience in a corporate government relations environment or a blend of political action committee, political fundraising, and campaign experience
• Proven success in managing or building PAC or PAC programs.
• At least two years of state or federal PAC experience, campaign or political experience.
• Enthusiasm and creative approach to fundraising; ability to train, motivate & manage colleagues as ambassadors of PAC program
• Knowledge of the political and legislative processes. Strong familiarity with campaign finance, election laws, public official gift and entertainment rules and state and federal lobbying rules.
• Awareness of political sensitivities/insight; possesses tact and diplomacy. Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Facilitation of relationship building with candidates and campaigns, including organizing candidate visits and interactions with the Company.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Microsoft Publisher
• Self-starter willing to take initiative with outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Team player who seeks to become an integral part of an active government relations team.
• Ability to work with staff at all levels of the corporation.
• Ability to work under pressure of shifting/competing priorities; ability to follow through with multiple projects
• Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
• Strong organizational & time management abilities; and attention to detail.
• Solid research, presentation and analytical skills.
• High level of creativity and openness to new programs and technologies.
• Ability to multitask independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
Preferred Qualifications • Advanced degree a plus.
• Knowledge of PAC software packages including FEC files and Lobbying Tools (CQ)
• Experience working with outside counsel on PAC and compliance related matters.
• Experience in corporate PAC environment – multi-state and federal.
Country United States
US City Washington
Postal Code 20001
Employment Type Full Time
Degree Required Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Career Level Professional
Travel Percentage 11% to 25%
Keywords Government Affairs
Requisition # 40986BR
Company INC: CH2M HILL, INC.
What you will find At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Language English