POSITION TITLE: Meetings Assistant
REPORTS TO: Events Director
LOCATION: Washington, DC.
The Philanthropy Roundtable is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Meetings Assistant position in our Washington, DC, office.
Job Summary: The Meetings Assistant is responsible for assisting in managing administration and organizing logistics for one annual meeting and multiple various sized regional meetings per year. This staff member will work in a busy events environment in consultation with and under the supervision of the Annual Meeting Director and Director of Regional Events. The Meetings Assistant should have an interest in event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, meet deadlines with little supervision, be able to build relationships with members and vendors, and travel to meeting locations.
Event Planning Job Description
• Manage event registration process for events, which includes updating CRM database daily, fielding “qualified donor” policy questions, processing payments for annual meeting registrations, and staffing an orderly registration desk at the event.
• Conduct city and site location research for meetings (hotel, audio visual, transportation, floral, etc) and seek cost-effective vendors and event solutions in coordination with director.
• Assist with new marketing and outreach efforts to promote events and recruit new attendees.
• Draft and disseminate marketing materials, hard-copy invitations and emails, ensuring fresh, error-free production.
• Maintain website content, keeping it up-to-date with meeting information and providing clear logistical information both on the website and in email communication.
• Assist with all on-site responsibilities for events to include communication with vendor partners.
• Serve as speaker liaison overseeing speaker confirmations, PowerPoint and audio visual presentations, travel and logistics, and reimbursement requests.
• Compile program materials in coordination with events team to produce error-free materials that are printed and shipped in cost-effective manner.
• Monitor project timeline so event-related tasks are completed on schedule.
Qualifications and Attributes
• Excellent communication, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking.
• Ability to manage and accomplish multiple projects and work assignments with little supervision.
• Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
• Ability to handle delicate communications.
• Dependable, efficient, and resourceful.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least one year experience coordinating special events or meetings.
• Strong computer skills and ease in learning new technologies; proficient using MS Office, Outlook, Microsoft Word (mail merges), Excel, and PowerPoint and able to lean CRM database, Dreamweaver, Groundspring, InDesign, and Photoshop.
The Meetings Assistant should understand and support The Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission and principles as described on our website www.philanthropyroundtable.org.
This position requires travel.
The position provides a salary commensurate with experience and an exceptional benefits package.
Qualified individuals may send their resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state on the email subject line: “Application for Meetings Assistant.”